“Like dining at your favorite French aunt's” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Vieux Logis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 297 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Auburn Ave.
Transit: Bethesda Metro Station (Red)
Carlsbad, California
“Like dining at your favorite French aunt's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Warm, enveloping, good natured and great tasting. You can't go wrong here. Greeted by the owner on entry and guided by the servers through a classic continental menu.

Visited October 2012

79% Recommend
Bowie, Maryland, United States
“Very, very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was our second visit here and we enjoyed it just as much as our first. We started off with a plate of raw oysters (they were a little too large for my taste), then my wife had the crab salad martini and I had the escargot. The butter in the escargot was still bubbling when they brought the dish to the table. Both appetizers were excellent. For our entrees, my wife had the steak au poivre and I had the veal special. Again, both dishes were excellent. The servce here is very good and Sarah does a great job. However, I do feel that we were a bit rushed as we were not seated 30 seconds when we were asked what we would like to drink and she started telling us the specials. I would have liked a few minutes to get settled. Maybe the older clientele that frequents this place regularly likes it that way. Also, this restaurant is expensive. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but to charge $12.75 for a Tanqueray and Tonic is ridiculous. All in all, we do enjoy this restaurant and will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Consistently excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Recently went back to Le Vieux Logis for our anniversary and my wife and I were treated like old friends {even better than family :-) } and had a wonderful evening. Nelson started us out with a killer cocktail which was followed by some amazingly fresh oysters (I did mention anniversary yes) and then dug into my fave french onion soup on the planet. I then had the crab martini salad as my entree since I was getting full quickly and it is divine (see picture). My wife and I shared a Diana Banana dessert that was delicious as well. God, I love this place. Great wine list and coffee/cappuccino too.

BETHESDA, MD
“"A New Beer At The Old Lodge!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I visited my favorite local restaurant last Friday night, Le Vieux Logis, and discovered a wonderful new beer - Kronenbourg 1664. It goes beautifully with Diana's delicious pork chops. I know I have found a "new favorite" at my "old favorite."

Baltimore, Maryland
“COUNT EM! - UN DEUX TROIS QUATRE CING - FIVE STARS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'd been away TOO LONG from my "home away from home," but my growling stomach finally said "ENOUGH!" so this week I treated myself TWICE to sumptuous dinners at Logis. No one (and I do mean NO ONE) serves FRUITS DE MER (I'm showing off: I mean "sea food") whether it's herring, or trout, or Dover sole, or scallops, or cod or mussels or oysters or halibut or salmon - quite the way Diana does....The taste says "Anchors Aweigh!" and I bless Freddie and Nelson and Ruby and Sarah and Julio and Oscar and especially Diana for making me feel like a prince as I savor the house specials! The best after-dinner espresso in the Washington metropolitan area makes me want to sing, a la Julius Caesar, "I SHALL RETURN!"

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Le Vieux Logis? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Le Vieux Logis, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.