“Nice italian meal” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 281 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice italian meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

A group of 6 for business went for dinner without a dinner reservation and were seated within 15 minutes. Very good Italian, especially my friend's torteloni (sorry for butchering the spelling). Sald Caprese was not their best but all the other food was tasty and a broad menu opion.

Arlington, Virginia
“Not the place to go for take out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at a hospital in Bethesda over 2 nights for the birth of a child. He ran out to grab food for us and we were incredibly disappointed with the product at olazzo.

We ordered 2 portions of the chicken Parmesan which each came with a house salad, bread and we also ordered the stuffed dates. (These were absolutely delicious, but ridiculously overpriced for the 4 dates in the portion.)

The chicken Parmesan was overcooked, the pasta was mediocre but what bugged me the most was the lack of care for the to-go servicr...there was no salad dressing for the salad, no napkins, silver wear, the bread had no butter/oil and the hots were put in the same bag as the colds, meaning even the ten min from the restaurant to the hospital room made everything a Luke-warm mushy mess.

Usually the reviews on tripadvisor are accurate, but the fact that this place is ranked number 4 in Bethesda is way off the mark.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent and affordable neighborhood Italian in Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

While stopping in Bethesda overnight for business, a colleague and I strolled over from the Hyatt Regency to give Olazzo a try, having seen many favorable reviews on Trip Advisor. We loved Olazzo! The food was excellent, the prices fair, and the service personable and efficient. The kitchen was very accommodating when I wondered if the Shrimp Pesto entree could be adapted slightly to create a Shrimp Scampi with linguine, which was very, very good. Likewise, my colleague raved about the Gnocchi and was very pleased with the wine recommendation, which steered us toward an solid Chianti that was not the most expensive on the list.
The limited outdoor seating area was full when we arrived - obviously a popular spot. We sat in the bar which was fine and not too noisy. Olazzo is not "fancy" and yet I think it would work as a special occasion spot as long as you realize that the overall vibe is casual. This is really one of the best Italian places I have tried in my travels over the past few years, outside of Italy itself! Loved it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, bar atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

During a recent visit to DC, my boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic, dressy restaurant for a night out. We selected Olazzo because the website showed what looked to be a unique hole-in-the-wall style with great food, and a good atmosphere. While the food was great, the atmosphere was more like a bar than restaurant. Almost everyone in the restaurant was in jeans, and it was moderately loud. The tables were very small and could barely fit our entree dishes and wine glasses. The waitress was nice and the food came out fairly quickly, but she was slow getting to us for placing our order and bringing our wine. The prices were very reasonable, especially for the unique options offered.

addison, maine, USA
“Best Italian I've ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I were visiting D.C. from Maine. Our favorite restaurant is Olive Garden, NOT ANYMORE! We loved Olazzo's so much, we ate there two nights in a row!!! All plates are AFFORDABLE and they have some great specials, including half price bottle of wine on Tuesday's. Absolutely Fabulous Food!! Wish we lived closer! Great place to bring kids, the atmosphere is wonderful, you feel like part of the family.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere