“A little Italy in Bethesda” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 297 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Syracuse, NY
“A little Italy in Bethesda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went in for brunch this past Sunday. Located across the street from the Rock Bottom Brewery - you don't want to miss it! The weather was beautiful - some people were even eating outside! We got a great booth in the bar area. You could order off the brunch menu or the regular menu. Our party ordered off of both and were very pleased with the egg dishes and the Chicken Parm sandwich on the soft bread. Our service was very attentive and chocolate cake for desert was to die for. The bar looked very inviting and had two big screen televisions and about 10 chairs. When I'm back in the area again - this is the first place I will be going.

• Visited March 2013

85% Recommend
Chevy Chase
“Cheap, fast, hi quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great value, nothing to dislike. Popular for obvious reasons. More crowded than most of their neighbors.

Visited February 2013
Vestal, New York
“outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We dined at Olazzo in Bethesda this past weekend. The food and service were absolutely suberb. I love this restaurant because of the outstanding the food quality and preparation, and the relaxing dining atmosphere. Our service was excellent-- prompt and courteous, yet never rushed. I highly recommend Olazzo!
The mussels and calimari are so delicious, and the salmon mango my personal favorite. The homemade Tiramisu dessert is a must--all in all, a most memorable dining experience indeed!!!

• Visited February 2013
Wintergreen, Virginia
“A gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is our third visit to Olazzo's and we were so pleased that I felt I had to share our experience. Since it does not accept reservations, we arrived at 5:30 on a Thursday night. It was great as we were one of the first guests for dinner. Very attentive service, a creative selection of martinis, beers and reasonably priced wines. We went right for the main courses and found three of them outstanding: the meatballs (2 rather large ones) were very tasty and homemade, the pasta with clam sauce delicious and the shrimp and crabmeat was a total delight (large shrimp and lots of lump crabmeat); they serve it with Penne but they gladly accommodated my request for Linguinni and they changed the sauce to my liking. For all the dishes, the pasta was cooked perfectly "al dente". We had a wonderful dining experience at a very reasonable price.

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Average for Vegetarians, Better for Meat Eaters.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

As a local, I wanted to like Olazzo. I really, really did. It has a lovely look and is tucked away on a quieter street.
Unfortunately, in the two times i have been there, everything has been quite mediocre.

First-- the bread is delicious, absolutely. And the service is quite attentive. However, both of the vegetarian dishes I ordered were not good. The first, a bizarre combination of cheese tortellini and dates, was just...weird. And I love dates and tortellini, just not together I guess.

My second dish, an eggplant and red pepper pasta was BLAND. The sauce was bland, the red pepper tasted like it was taken out of a jar with no seasoning, and it was just...eh.

My boyfriend's dishes, both with chicken and a pasta with a marinara, were better. Again, they were nothing spectacular, but the sauce was obviously fresh, and the chicken was tender and good.

A note on the ambiance: Beware! It is very, very LOUD in this restaurant. There may be people at the bar watching a game, loud music on, or just a whole helluva lot of people. Several times we have gone in wanting to eat but have left because we couldn't hear each other talk. While it looks very romantic from the outside, it is much better for a small group of friends who want a casual night out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Olazzo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Olazzo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.