“Good pub food, reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hamburger Hamlet - CLOSED

Hamburger Hamlet
10400 Old Georgetown Road (Democracy Boulevard), Georgetown Square, Bethesda, MD 20814
301 897 5350
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Hamburgers, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Racine, WI
“Good pub food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We happened to see this restaurant in a strip mall. We were seated immediately, even though it was a busy Friday night. The hamburgers were very good, and the waitress was attentive. Prices were very reasonable. We also enjoyed their bakery items for dessert. We recommend the southern pecan pie.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

24% Recommend
Hyattsville, Maryland
“OK, not as good as I remember”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Average burgers and wings. Service was pleasant. Won't make the drive again anytime soon. Annoying bug kept flying around our table.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Polk, Louisiana
“WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I used to eat here all the time as a child. My mother and I would stop here after a day of shopping at Montgomery Mall. This was before Sutton Place Gourmet/Balducci's opened. Anyway, back then it was a fun, lively place that had the best burgers and sandwiches. I decided to take a trip down memory lane and take my son there for lunch after doing some shopping. I should of just taken him to Cheesecake Factory or Pf changs, it prob would have been cheaper. This place was NOTHING like HH of the past. The food was overpriced. The burgers were odd tasting, dry, and small. The drinks were outrageously expensive. The best thing was our server who was nice and attentive. I was so disappointed. My son had saw the Chipotle next door and had wanted to go and I insisted we go here. I should of listened. I just don't see how this restaurant is still opened when there are so many good restaurants in the area with those prices and much better food. I will never go there again and I recommend no one else go unless its 2am and u absolutely need to eat at a restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington D.C.
“Oh, how far we have fallen !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

When I was a kid my family loved Hamburger Hamlet, so I gave it two last tries before I wrote this. Everything we tried was terrible. The hamburgers are tasteless, unseasoned and not fresh, The chicken was clearly cut and refrigerated for several days. All of our favorites have been taken off the menu and replaced with easy to cook crud. Even the pies tasted thawed out and processed. I am sad to see this old friend go downhill so drastically. I will not be back !

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“Under new management.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Or maybe Hamburger Hamlet merged with a bakery, but the 24 hour concept is not working. You could say I grew up going to Hamburger Hamlet with family and friends for years, but after the meal I had last Tuesday I won't be going there again. I'll head down the street to the Cheesecake Factory. The hamburger is not beef alone. Or at least it tasted like they got creative with the mixing different meat.

• 2 of 5 stars Food