“Best Pizza in DC Metro Area” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Pizza in DC Metro Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Pizza is among the best. Yes, yes, I know all about the 2 Amys and Paradiso, but the pizza here is better minus the hype or the wait. Don't really care if the pizza is certified by some dudes in Italy, only that it tastes good. The two best are smoky and chicken/pesto, but they are all pretty good. Prices are very reasonable, decent wine by the glass, service is very friendly and it is a cosy and romatic place.

Visited December 2013

77% Recommend
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I needed to adjust my NYE plans at the 11th hour and they were very gracious in accommodating our boisterous group. Not only were the food offerings delicious and appealing, the service was excellent and friendly. I found Red Tomato to be an understated neighborhood gem. Great times!

Rockville, Maryland
“Excellent Upscale Pizza Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is excellent, the pizzas are creative and delicious, and the service is very good. Cozy atmosphere.

Visited October 2013
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Good for pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We love there pizza here and it is pretty much all we eat when we dine at Red Tomato. The rest of the choices are somewhat limited. But the atmosphere is good and it is a cute place.

Visited July 2013
Imperia, Liguria, Italy
“Buona cucina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was extremely grateful to find this place! Since I'm Italian I can say that they cook very good and I think the Pizza is one of the best you can find out of Italy. Not a big place and good atmosphere . I wish my boyfriend would take me out for dinner here.

• Visited August 2013