“Nice Cozy Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“Nice Cozy Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Love the brick oven in the middle of the restaurant, love the pizza and the sandwiches, Salads are good and desserts so so. I wish they have an open bar, they only have wine. Most of the time I eat here I got good service, last time was exception. I highly recommed this place.

Visited June 2013

Bethesda, Maryland
“Always Makes Me Happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've eaten at this little restaurant many times. in the last few years, my husband and kids always take me there for my birthday dinner. I love the warm and cozy atmosphere. It's friendly and romantic. If you like a shining, contemporary atmosphere with lots of room between tables, you'll be uncomfortable. We are warmly greeted each time, rarely have to wait long with a reservation, and the service is generally friendly, if not always perfect. The salads, pizza and pasta are uniformly delicious. I've yet to taste a dish that hasn't been yummy. I don't need perfection, but a friendly place with good food, good service and a relaxing atmosphere is a great find.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food, cozy, and romantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We always enjoy our dinner at Red Tomato Cafe. The food and warm atmosphere is what keeps us returning! This restaurant is the perfect setting for anything from a family dinner to a romantic date night. I highly recommend a visit to this cozy Bethesda gem! Enjoy!

bethesda, md
“A neighborhood restaurant worth a return trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

It has been years since I stopped by Red Tomato Cafe, and I'm not sure why that is. And after last night's dinner, I'll be back much sooner and more frequently! My husband and I had dinner there, and enjoyed our salads and pizza- both fresh and made to order. Service was fast and pleasant despite the fact that the small dining room was packed. We had a reservation, but waited at the bar with a glass of wine for about 20 minutes. Our wait was quite pleasant and sitting by the wood burning oven convinced us we needed to order pizza. The pizza did not disappoint, and we'll definitely be back. There were several families as well as couples, so a nice mix of patrons for a wonderful and tasty evening!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Yummy food, decent portion sizes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My spouse and I visited the Red Tomato Cafe last night. We got there early, so we did not have to wait for a table. Both of us thought that the ambiance was pleasant and interesting. Even when the restaurant filled up, we could talk without having to scream at each other across the table.
Our server, Elizabeth, did an over-the-top job, patiently describing dishes and honoring any special requests with "no problem" rather than the answer that I often get at other restaurants "let me ask the chef."
Since I am used to seeing huge portion sizes at many restaurants, it was refreshing to see that our plates were not overflowing with food, rather just the perfect portion. We ate every drop of our appetizers and entrees, and split a delicious dessert.
We would definitely return to Red Tomato Cafe.

• Visited November 2012