“Glad I stumbled upon it” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Bloomington, IN
“Glad I stumbled upon it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a great and fun little restaurant with a decent selection of food (with calories shown on the menu) for a good price. I had the Chicken Madeleine. White breast meat with a mushroom gravy, wild rice and sweet pepper mix, and a large serving of lightly steamed broccoli--it was tasty, like something I might make at home. Good bread and wine. And picked up a croissant for breakfast. The staff was friendly, spoke French (and English) and I felt welcome. You can order from the bakery counter, or go through a cafeteria-style line, entrees, like the chicken are cooked and brought to your table in short order. I sat at a table by the window and watched rush hour Bethesda go by.

• Visited April 2014

Rochester, New York
“Great meals--great ambience--wish we had one in out town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had two dinners here in the last week while visiting D.C. The food was excellent. The complimentary bread keeps coming. Though I was initially put off by the buffet style of ordering, I appreciated the fact that back in the seating areas, where there are stone fireplaces and rustic decor, there were no waitresses wandering around, just people relaxing and eating good food. At a table nearby a group struck up a card game and were enjoying themselves while having drinks. Very relaxing. My food, salmon the first evening, and chicken le madeline the second evening, were so incredibly delicious I wanted to overdo myself with double helpings, but my wife stopped me. I wish we had one in Rochester NY.

• Visited April 2014
Bethesda, Maryland
“Nice casual place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The food is simple, but good. It's also pretty consistent. You go through a cafeteria line and pay at the end, which makes this an efficient place to eat. I like the salads.

Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

La Madeleine offers delectable food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some of my favorites are egg white omelet, potato galette, tomato soup, and French onion soup. The menu also includes lighter fare (fruits, salads) and specials are posted .

The staff is friendly and works together to keep the restaurant space clean and tidy.

I visited this location for a meeting and surprised at the size of the private dining room and its proximity to the restaurant's fireplace.

This La Madeleine location is a short walk from the Bethesda metro station. There are a few parking space in the lot directly in front of the restaurant. A County parking garage is at the corner of Woodmont Ave and Old Georgetown Rd- La Madeline provides stickers for one hour of free parking in the garage, be sure to ask the cashier before leaving the restaurant for the sticker. Metered off-street parking is available.

Visited February 2014
Henderson, Texas
“Great Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Got lost on way to hotel, stopped in here for directions. Smelled so wonderful returned the following night to eat. Brought husband and daughter for a meal when they arrived. Good food, great choices, reasonable prices for DC.

Visited February 2014