“One of the Best Authentic Indian Food I've had” 4 of 5 stars

301-656-3373
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Passage to India Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 299 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road (Route 187)
“One of the Best Authentic Indian Food I've had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to Passage for the 3rd time, food is always good and consistent, staff are nice and attentive..We didn't have our reservation so we had to wait for at least 25 mins. But it's all worth the wait :) Lesson learned esp on a Saturday night...Highly recommended :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Limited Menu - Flavors Just Okay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited this restaurant to celebrate a birthday and were disappointed with the pretty limited menu and the flavors of the food we ordered. The portions were a bit small, too. I understand the desire to have regional cuisine from the four quadrants of India, but the lack of depth in the menu and the seeming repetitive flavors in the four dishes we ordered left me disappointed with the restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very good Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Interesting menu - broken down by cuisines of different regions of India. Fun to know. The crab dish I ordered was exquisite. Since I was dining alone, I ordered off the appetizer menu - a nice way to sample more than one dish. The apple and yam dish was a little too strongly spiced for my tastes (but I ate it anyway). I think it's a matter of preference. The music was very subtle and not overpowering or loud, which I appreciated. I'd like to go again just to try out some of those other enticing menu items.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, AL
“Unusual and authentic Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a very nice Indian restaurant with some unusual dishes in addition to the more typical North Indian tandoori and curries. Their menu is divided into North, East, South and West Indian courses. Unlike a lot of Indian restaurants, their dishes have a lot of texture to them. The goat curry and the baigan (egg plant curry) were both very good, albeit a little on the bland side for my palate. It's not the cheapest Indian you can get, but overall it's well worth a visit. I will probably go again next time I'm in the Bethesda area.

Visited March 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Sample the regional cuisines of India in Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a really nice Indian restaurant with a lot of dishes that I have not seen elsewhere. The chutney ni murgi - chicken in spicy cilantro sauce - is highly recommended. Dinner is quite pricey, but the lunch menu is very reasonably priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere