“Authentic and a good value” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mon Ami Gabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 278 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wisconsin
Transit: Mon Ami Gabi is a 10 minute walk from the Bethesda Metro Station.
“Authentic and a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived at 8 pm without reservations, on a whim after a movie just around the corner. It was packed for a Sunday night! The maitre d' took our phone number and called as we browsed at Barnes & Noble across the street which we chose over waiting at the bar. The decor and ambiance brought back fond memories of Paris, and the food did not disappoint. I had a flank steak in merlot sauce with a huge pile of frites - I will enjoy the half I could not eat for lunch tomorrow! We started with smoked salmon, nicely arrayed with chive, onion, sour cream, capers and toast points (more than enough for two, with the baguette, butter and carrot salad presented to all). Steaks ranged from $19 on up; some other entrees were even lower. Our half bottle of Medoc was a bit pricey @ $34, but they also offer nice wines by the glass, served from a roving trolley. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Overall, a lovely dinner - we will go again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC
“Just NOT Paris - or NYC!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My 2nd visit, 1st for a buisness lunch. Reservation okay - booth seating just fine - but I ordered the fish and chips and my partner something else. Her food came 1st - no fish for me. Then they delivered a mac and cheese to me! Her food cold. Mine wrong! Then mine came and flat - no taste! This place under seasons food and while it looks good from the outside, it has serious problems inside. No easy (none) parking daytime. With so many other fine places in this town they need to get it right - and now twice for me - just under par. The staff IS friendly but maybe they all need to be more focused ON THE FOOD AND CORRECT SERVICE!
I won't be back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boyds, Maryland
“A Super French Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were 5 ladies going to a late afternoon movie and wanted to have lunch before the movie. This restaurant is next store to the theater and therefore very convenient. We all ordered from the Prix Fixe menu and were delighted with our choices. The soups were delectable, the steaks with bearnaise sauce were thin but perfectly cooked, and did not feel heavy in our stomachs. It was just the right size. One lady had the crepe filled with ham and cheeses, most delicious, although a bit on the large size for her. Our desserts were delicious and not too overwhelming. We all agreed that it was a very nice lunch, not too heavy to have before the movie.

Visited February 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Pretty good authentic French brasserie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was so surprised to bump into this restaurant right in the heart of Bethesda... I didn't realize it was a chain...first coming upon it in Las Vegas!.. it's an intimate space to meet friends for happy hour...the salmon sliders and frites are super. Parking can be difficult...

Visited January 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“My most favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Always in the bar area. service is unequaled; the food is prepared well--if it isn't Sean or Mark will return it.
The happy hour prices are great and drinks are fixed quite well and custom made

Visited February 2013