“Great find from our hotel van driver” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Black's Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 301 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Norfolk
Transit: Three blocks from the BETHESDA METRO.
New Albany, Mississippi
“Great find from our hotel van driver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015 NEW via mobile

We were referred to this restaurant by our hotel van driver. What a find!! We went during Happy Hour (5-7pm) and were treated to wonderful food, great drinks and a very cordial welcome from Chloe & Casey at the bar. Both bartenders were friendly, patient & helpful with our food selections. Everything was at a reduced price but not reduced service or quality. The oysters were perfect and at 2 for 1 we had quite a feast at a minimal price. Great mixed drinks & good wine selection. Well definitely try to get here again when we are back in the area.

Visited January 2015

Princeton, Illinois
“Great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015 via mobile

Met friends there for dinner. Service was very good. Great wine list! I ordered the fish special which was ok, not fantastic. Friends ordered fresh scallops and the shrimp salad,which both were fantastic. Would I go again? Probably, but I would order something other than what I had.

Visited November 2014
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

This place is an absolute must. The food was incredible. I went here with my office for or Christmas dinner. Everything we ordered was amazing. For an appetizer we started with the fried oysters which came with an amazing dipping sauce. I also ordered a creamy potato soup, which was just as amazing. For my entrée I ordered rock fish. There is absolutely no words to explain how good this dish was. I did order a side of garlic mash potatoes(a la carte), but honestly that was too much food. That was also delicious. But i don't think i needed a side.

The only complaint I had was our server seemed overwhelmed. We didn't see her much. It felt like every time we needed her we couldn't find her. She was barley at the table. But the upside to that, the manager did stop by the table to apologize without us complaining. Maybe she saw the frustration in my face. At the end they compt us or appetizer and dessert. I honestly was not expecting a comp. Which was greatly appreciated.

I would absolutely go back again. I loved the food and the atmosphere. Hopefully I will be going back sooner than later.

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Please get the dishes clean and rinse them”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

For years, I have enjoyed and recommended the Black's group of restaurants, especially Black Salt in DC. In both of my visits to Black's Bar in Bethesda, however, expensive wines have been ruined by inadequately cleaned wine glasses--something I have never experienced in any other restaurant. In the first incident, the wine glasses had a strong soap smell and imparted the soap taste to the wine. My guest and I both tasted the wine, grimaced, and asked our server to taste it. She also grimaced, removed the glasses, and brought hand-washed glasses. The wine was then fine. Last night, I ordered an $88 bottle of 2012 Merry Edwards savblanc, a wine I know well. I noticed a musty aroma, and should have complained at once. My error. The server poured five glasses, and we all quickly decided that the unpleasant aroma was from the glasses, not the wine. I instructed the server to pour me a glass of wine in a clean bar glass, and it was lovely, proving that the wine glasses had been unclean. He was apologetic, but did nothing about the ruined wine in five smelly glasses.

I enjoy the food in this restaurant, and had a well-prepared bronzino last night. But I won't go back until I am sure that all of the dishes are getting cleaned and properly rinsed. This is a bizarre, unusual problem that the management can quickly fix, and must.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

I dined there with a group of friends. Seems that it's rather the lunch place not dinner restaurant. They have a big variety of seafood, however most of us choose other meals, everybody was delighted but not astonished. Very good service - quick, nice and very attentive.

• Visited November 2014