“Good food, nice atmosphere, not cheap” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Black's Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 300 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Norfolk
Transit: Three blocks from the BETHESDA METRO.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good food, nice atmosphere, not cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Ate here when the Woodmont across the street had too long a wait. Staff were competent but not particularly friendly. Food was very good; prices were on the high side. Overall we had a good experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unfortunately, going down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been to Black Salt and to Black's many times over the past few years and have always enjoyed their foods. Last week though, four of us went out (for my birthday) and we ALL got sick. Some of us had seasfood and some of us did not, but all got sick, 2 of us very sick. the seafod tasted fine, so there was no worries when we ate the food. I called the manager to explain what happened, calmly, matter of factly, just to inform him. He did not even apologize, simply said that the oysters are closely monitored, and that he has not had another complaint. I explained to him that 3 (at the time -- another since) got sick 24-48hours later, and that some did not eat any seafood, therefore it must be some other hygiene issue. He said he would talk to the chef and call me back. He never did. I am never setting foot in that restaurant. Some waitress, buss boy, or someone in the kitchen IS NOT WASHING THEIR HANDS!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Virginia USA
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I found out we were going to Black’s for a birthday party, I looked at some of the reviews and was not sure what to expect. However, having been there I can now say I fully agree with all of those you say that it is very nice. The restaurant is well-designed, the noise level good, and the menu quite extensive. The wait staff was superb and attentive, and while I was leaning towards the fish stew, I went with one of the specials that night – a lamb shank that you could cut with a fork. I do not live in Bethesda, but I am always impressed by the variety and quality of restaurants to be found there. I do not know when, but I will definitely go back to Black’s to try the fish stew (and the oyster bar!).

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice spot for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a good upscale choice in Bethesda for a business dinner or night out. Interesting cocktail menu, good locally sourced menu with some creative choices. It is on the more expensive side but good value for the quality of food and presentation. I had a local Maryland fish and it was very fresh. We also had the roasted brussel sprouts-- very good!

Visited November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Outstanding Fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This ended up being a "birthday away from home" dinner, and I was wonderfully surprised to find this right behind my hotel.
We sat in the bar, which gave us immediate seating instead of doing the 1.5 hour wait for dining room. Service was outstanding, the food was even better. I had Paiche that was on special, my girlfriend had trout. We were both delighted by the complex flavors. Each meal was well-prepared, the appetizer of prosciutto bruschetta was amazing, and dessert was also quite tasty. Very much worth a visit!

Visited October 2012