“Rockin bar” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 299 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Rock Bottom Bethesda is five miles north of DC, just off Wisconsin Avenue at the corner of Norfolk Ave and St. Elmo Ave. Yes, it's a lot of Avenues, but we're totally worth it. Just wait until you take your first sip of an award-winning, handcrafted ale from Brewmaster Geoffrey S. Lively. Not only does the beer speak for itself, but he started at Mile High Brewing...that's right, the Laverne & Shirley brewery. Possibly the best credential ever.And hey, don't forget to check out our recently refreshed menu of made-from-scratch entrees, appetizers, dinner salads, burgers and sandwiches.
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Rockin bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant twice; each time on a Sunday night. Food is very good quality. My only and biggest complaint is the noise level. I can understand the volume being somewhat loud on Friday and Saturday but Sunday I would expect a little softer. The kitchen was able to honor my special request for dinner. I really like this place but don't expect to carry on a conversation with dinner companions and for this reason I probably won't come back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here before and enjoyed it each time. The food is excellent. The club sandwich is hot and first class. The home brewed beers and ales are described in detail and I have enjoyed all of the ones I have tried. Parking in Bethesda on a Friday night is terribly busy and I recommend parking a few blocks away. Service was. About slow but friendly as always. The bar area was pretty loud so if you want a quiet dinner, this is not your spot.

Elwood, New Jersey, United States
“Best Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Delicious food, friendly atmosphere, fast service. My favorite place to eat while visiting Bethesda. Reasonably priced

Visited February 2013
Wintergreen, Virginia
“An OK bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good beer and bar atmosphere, but do not expect gourmet food. The place is rather loud and most tables are heavily traveled. If you like that kind of atmosphere, this place is for you!

Visited March 2012
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Beer, Service and Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My friends and I like to come here when we are all in Maryland at the same time. The beer is really great and their burgers are delicious. Since they revamped their menu and took the lobster mac and cheese off, I have been getting their burgers and I have to say, I don't miss the mac and cheese any longer! We've had great servers each time, except for once. She was the exception. All other servers were attentive and personable. It's a nice laid back place if you are looking to just have fun with some friends, eat tasty burgers and drink good beer.

• Visited January 2013