“Bento Box!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 296 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Pan-Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Btw Bethesda Ave & Elm St.
Transit: 2 Blocks South of Bethesda Metro Station (Red Line)
San Francisco
“Bento Box!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I love their bento boxes! I always order the unagi or sashimi bento box and it comes with an assortment of goodies! There's some small crab puffs (or similar) along with portabella mushrooms and green beans. You also get four California rolls and a little salad. If you order the unagi bento box, I believe there's also some mashed potatoes underneath the unagi as well. All bento boxes come with miso soup served beforehand.

Visited November 2012

84% Recommend
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best Sushi I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I happened upon this place while looking for options and I was VERY pleased. The prices are decent and the sushi is top-notch. The atmosphere is very modern and whimsical. Try the Chilean Sea Bass Tempura Roll, it's great!
The staff is friendly and attentive, you'll be glad you went!

Visited October 2012
Potomac, Maryland
“Nice, consistent place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Always a nice place to eat. Dishes are consistently good as is the service. Only downside is that it is always crowded and a bit noisy.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, but they need to expand!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have eaten here once and at their Dupont location several times. The food is consistently excellent, prices are reasonable and the seasonal specials are above-average. I ate here on a weeknight and we were able to be seated immediately. My one problem with this location is the indoor seating - if you are at a regular table (i.e., not in a booth or at the bar), you are in serious jeopardy of jostling elbows with your neighbors. Not a great place for a private conversation, to say the least. Nevertheless, I'll be back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jamaica, New York
“Great selection and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ruku-An was packed when we passed it after 10 pm on a Saturday night, while all the other resturants in the area were emptying out. We went in and were asked where we'd like to sit. We chose a booth which gave us the optimum people watching advantage. The resturant was populated by a diverse group of patrons, young and old, well dressed and casually-dressed.

The waitress was warm and helpful when my husband asked many question regarding various dishes on the huge menu. She freely provided her opinion when asked to choose between dishes for one of the guests. The menu was mostly sushi and fish dishes cooked with a unique Asian twist.

Sushi not usually my personal favorite, because I do not enjoy either the seaweed wrap or the raw fish was prepared with a soy wrap and veggies. It was so good I ate it all. The grilled Chilean seabass was perfectly prepared as was the boullibaise.

While the wine menu was extensive, some of the varieties were unavailable. Also, the padding on the bench was a bit worn. Overall, I would highly recommend this resturant ot anyone visitng Bethesda.

• Visited September 2012