“Local Chain Your Kids Will Love: Good for Casual Family Night Out” 3 of 5 stars
Review of California Tortilla

Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 296 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Californian
DC
“Local Chain Your Kids Will Love: Good for Casual Family Night Out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My kids swear by the quesadillas at "CT" as we call it, and like nearly every other family around here, we make a pilgrimage here from time-to-time. However, honestly, I don't enjoy the food. (I think Chipotle tastes better). The tortillas are often cold - not warm - and I just find nothing particularly delicious about the food. That said, I'm in the minority in my viewpoint - this local chain is HUGELY popular. This new location is a nice upgrade from their former digs across the street.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
Bethesda, Maryland
“Reasonably Tasty - Reasonably Healthy Fast Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just what it says - in a hurry - not a big budget - need to feed kids - this is the place. I have used their catering for a large kids event and they were on time, on task and flexible.

Visited February 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“I like this place so much, I read the junk emails from them (specifically Pam, the Queen of Burritos).”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I think I could classify my following of this place as a 'cult following' (I go there as often as once a week), as the food is acceptable (even to my fresh foodie friends), and the atmosphere is lunch perfect (think of it as Chipotle with a non-phony (unless you consider the 80's entirely phony) atmosphere, genuinely friendly staff (we trade glances at baby pictures), and actually inventive food (although it would be nice if they had continuity on some of the specials, like the gyro and chicken club burritos). I often bring co-workers, as it makes for a fast, business-like lunch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Potomac, Maryland
“Good fast food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Along the lines of Baha Fresh or Lebanese Taverna in quality, seating is mostly chairs (not benches). Love the tea selection and taco salad!

Visited July 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“Not as good as Chipotle but they don't have Queso”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Good variety of burritos and hot sauce.
Can't knock the queso & chips

Visited March 2012