“Anniversary dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 286 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Frederick, Maryland
“Anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I decided to celebrate our 7 year anniversary with a trip to Ruth Chris. Our waiter was great and had a really good sense of humor. My steak was right on too. My wife isn't much of a steak fan, but really enjoyed a bite of mine saying it melted in her mouth. We also shared a lobster Mac and cheese dish, but that could have been better given the price. The meal was still really good and we enjoyed the experience.

Bethesda, Maryland
“The best meal we have ever had anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had dinner at this steakhouse about 4 weeks ago. The service was perfect, the drinks were excellent, the food was the best I have ever had. I ordered the spring special which included a petite filet that came with cauliflower and creamed spinach and it was all divine. It also came with a dessert and that was excellent, too. We love this restaurant and this was by far the best service and meal we have ever had.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bethesda, md.
“Birthday Bash for our Daughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The Bethesda Ruths Chris has always been a great choice for high quality steaks in an elegant and sophisticated atmosphere. Tonight wad no exception. We all had the prix fix menu. My daughter and I had the filet and lobster tail. My wife the steak and shrimp. Everything came out delicious. We had a small problem with one steak which was quickly rectified and the manager sent ove r a free cognac for the inconvenience which was unnecessary but a nice gesture. By the way...happy hour here has some of the best drink deals and bar food in Bethesda.

New York
“Our best meal on our visit to Washington DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Excellent food at every course, excellent service throughout the meal. Steaks were the best eaten in a year (and we dine out often), bread served was warm and crunchy and chewy (don't fill up! there is plenty of great food coming..) Our salads were perfect and the sides we choose for our steaks (string beans, creamed spinach and cauliflower gratin) were stand outs - prepared with as much care and flavor as the main course.

Yes, the restaurant is pricey, but in this case you do get what you pay for....very classy and Delicious. Attentive and very professional staff.

Visited April 2014
Germantown Maryland
“Excellent, consistant best steaks and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Bethesda for our anniversary last night. We walked in and were greeted by very pleasant women at the front. Our reservation was for six and we were seated at six. All during dinner numerous people came by to make sure our experience was a good one. The décor is upscale steak house, dark woods, low lighting, clean and very nice.

Our waiter was pleasant, offered up suggestions for wine and they were not the most expensive ones on the list which showed he was honest. We had our water, bread and drinks right away. We ordered our appetizers, BBQ Shrimp New Orleans style for me and a Caesar Salad for my wife. For the main course a petit filet for my wife and a 11 oz. Rib Eye for me with sides of Asparagus and Mushrooms.

The appetizers came out in a reasonable amount of time. The salad was fresh, crisp and well presented. The BBQ Shrimp is a style not cooking, the shrimp were bathed in a nice butter, garlic sauce and accompainied by a nice piece of bread for soaking things up. Both were delicious.

Our main course came out with good timing. I believe the staff watches and knows when you are ready. A real sign of professionals taking care of you. Both pieces of steak were cooked exactly as we wanted to perfection. The Filet could be cut with a fork, the Ribeye nearly so. The sides were also done perfectly no complaints there. As has been our experience in the past an excellent meal, excellent service a truly special experience.

Come to Ruth's Chris hungry and prepared for the bill. All of this does not come cheap. For our meal with three glasses of wine the bill was @ $190. With tip $230. Not something you do on a weekly schedule but more then worth it for special occasions.

• Visited April 2014