“Happy Hour” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 275 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great quality in their happy hour. It's a chain so you know what you get in the food. High price steaks that sometimes are spot on and other times need to be sent back. They always seem willing to fix anything that is off with the order though.

Visited April 2013

Rockville, Maryland
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were celebrating several family events and we were treated wonderfully. The steaks were fork tender and we received elaborate special desserts. This restaurant is expensive but worth it for a special event.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bad Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My first visit to Ruth Chris in Bethesda and we were seated at a small table against the wall. We ordered the 3-course prix fixe dinner. The service was adequate but less than very good. The filet was of poor quality as if it had been frozen for a long period of time. The manager did not look happy about having to replace the order. Perhaps they use the prix fixe menu to pass off the poorer quality steaks. I ended up forgetting my iPhone on the table upon leaving. Conveniently none of the staff were able to find it when I called later; even when I returned the next day to inquire, our waiter brushed me off and quickly headed to the back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Germantown, Maryland
“Holiday Party Only Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was our second year at Ruth Chris for our Company Holiday party. The food was okay for the price paid for the meal. What was sad for me was a steak house that I had to send back my steak since it wasn't cooked to specification. I asked for medium well and it came back almost rare. Then when the waiter started to bring back my steak, it was another customer's so he whisked it away just as he was about to set it on the table in front of me. I was hungrily watching others eat as I waited for my steak.

The side dishes were good but bread, soda drinks and all were not served promptly. It was an okay meal considering all this.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“over priced,underwhelmed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

went to this location for xmas dinner,hostess dumped us in back room of restaurant with 2 large parties of 14 people,we had 3 in our party,felt totaly isolated,no atmosphere,no sense of being in a fine restaurant.Had the worst $18 Margarita money could buy,they ruined my daughters steak by over cooking,mushroom side was unedible.We felt rushed and main course came just as we were finishing our salads.We were very excited to spend an enjoyable xmas dinner with our daughter and instead wasted almost $400 on an average dining experience.Del Frisco,Flemings,The Palm put this restaurant or at least this location to shame,also extremely overpriced for the dining experience!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013