Went for our anniversary dinner this week....
Ambiance was great until a point.... (more below)
Our mixed green strawberry salad started us off nicely.
My filet was delicious, but the Caribbean lobster tail was a bit dry.
- the mashed potatoes could have used some seasoning, or served twice-baked. they were just kinda plain
- the green beans were delicious, but again - just plain
My wife said that her scallops were delicious
- although she only got 4 average-seized scallops
- they definitely weren't the Jumbo scallops you're used to a most high-end eateries
The dessert of lemon custard w/ dark chocolate was delicious
Overall the good was good, but nothing exciting.
The Spanish red Rioja (mostly Tempranillo) was awesome
- wine list is extensive, but also EXPENSIVE
- no many medium / low priced wines
- didn't note any local wines on the list
Service was professional and good, and our romantic dinner was going well
Disappointment: That a restaurant of such statue has no dress code or that doesn't protect it. Definitely not "business casual" here, as the party next ours must have missed the sign for TGI Fridays and landed up sitting next to us. They looked like they walked straight out of the 'hood -- wearing t-shirts, sideways ballcaps and hoochie momma skirts, and the juvenile was playing video games loudly the whole time.
I'm not a clothes snob by any means, but know what appropriate attire means. What ever happened to 'dress codes' and turning inappropriately dressed patrons away
- I guess it's just the economy.
Would definitely recommend.
If you own or manage Ruth's Chris Steak House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.