“Fantastic tapas” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaleo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 301 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elm Street
Transit: We are walking distance from the Bethesda Metro Station on the Red Line.
Rockville, Maryland
“Fantastic tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Best tapas ever. Nice selection and fair prices. An introduction to how you order (how much etc.) would have been nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good variety of tapas but a hefty bill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

A friend suggested we meet here; I was a bit hesitant but did anyway. She loves tapas and had been to Jaleo previously.

I have to give them credit - they do tapas well, and there were many wonderful options from which to choose. However, the bill at the end had me gagging - I had to pay nearly $50 and did not get much at all to eat (and only had one drink). I will not be frequenting this place, at that cost.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Authentic and excellent food for Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I am a Spaniard who lives in Florida and do not have access to a nearby restaurant with authentic a good from Spain. Jaleo was fantastic! The garlic shrimp, paella, and of course the absolute must have Jamon Iberico de Bellota were excellent!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cranford, New Jersey, United States
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband had been looking forward to eating here, likes the Chef. So, an expensive night later and an awful experience. We did the tasting Jose' tasting menu. Our waitress was really no help with suggestions, and we were looking for an experience. The tapas came, occasionally more than one at at time. They were NOT explained, and sometime if we asked the "person" dropping off the plate was hard to understand. This is a tasting menu, you are picking for us, so please explain what we are eating! We did have 2 favorites~chicken croquette and tomato bread. Personally, I could have the croquette all night, it was a chicken pot-pie in your mouth, that was amazing. When we had finished dessert, our waitress asked us how the flan was, we looked at each other and said fine. We did NOT have flan, we had ice cream, how Spanish is that. It was such a huge disappointment, we do not get to have many meals just us, and somewhere that is not kid friendly. Horrible experience all around. They need to train the staff better to explain the restaurant, difference between tasting menus, all she could say what was all ready stated on the menu, I can read. Again, please explain what you are serving me, I still am not sure of the "thing" I bit into that was on bread, with orangish color, and cheese on top; then again not sure I want to know. Never again, and hopefully you will not go either.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Always wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in the DC area. We take out-of-town visitors there and everyone has loved the food. There are too many wonderful dishes to say which is the best. The lamb chop is always perfectly cooked. Seafood is fabulous. The cauliflower is out of this world. And in the summer Jose's special drinks are always refreshing. We've never been disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere