“Always fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 309 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodmont Ave
“Always fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Benihana is one of my daughters' favorite restaurants. And it being the space between their two birthdays, we decided to do their birthday dinner there.

Yes, it can be loud and crowded on a Saturday night. And that can cause a slight lag in service sometimes. But once you're at the hibachi, things tend to run smoothly.

Japanese hibachi is kinda hard to mess up. So the food is usually consistently good. And this visit was no exception. Add in all of the cheesy spatula flipping by our chef, who was noticeably not Japanese, and you have a fun experience for kids. Hot sake helps keep the adults in a proper mindset.

“If you are in a hurry don't seat at the teppanyaki table”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

If you already enjoy the atmosphere sitting at the teppanyaki table and you don't want to wait, I suggest to ask to be seated at a normal table. The food is not cooked in front of you but the selection is exactly the same with the difference that is fast and you can sit on your own. I had dinner with my daughter and it was extremely good.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“a real factory”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

bar filthy and staff not paying attention to cleaning-up. restaurant was a factory - did not ever have that feeling in other benihana establishments. also - while i am always for equal opportunity, the cook staff should be japanese in a japanese restaurant. this is not necessarily about competence, but feel, especially when so much of the feel depends on the staff in front of you.

Visited January 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I LOVE BENIHANA - JOIN THE CHEF'S TABLE NOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Benihana is one of my favorite hibachi steakhouses. The Bethesda location is conveniently located and has metered parking in the rear and on the side streets. I've never had to wait to be seated longer than 5 minutes, even on busy days. My most resent visit was for my birthday. Since I'm a member of their Chef's Table, I received a $30 gift certificate for my birthday to be used Sunday-Thursday during the month of my birthday. How can you say no to that! My food and service was excellent as usual. Now I just need to sign my husband up so we can get the deal for his birthday too. I hope they still have the program once we have kids and they're 13! :-D

Visited October 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Came to this restaurant with our guests, who were the first time in Benihana. They were amazed by the fact that the food preparation is organized as a show.

Visited October 2013