“Fine Evening Option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woodmont Grill

Woodmont Grill
7715 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814-6003 (Formerly Houston's)
301-656-9755
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wilmette, Illinois
“Fine Evening Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Met a friend here for dinner at is suggestion. It's located in downtown Bethesda where there are a lot of dinner options. I wa dearly and so sat at he bar and ordered a martini. They had my vodka (Tito's) and blue cheese olives. The martini was truly excellent but also $15, a little o the high end.

Then sat down for dinner. I have a rule that I always order to he strength of the menu. It's hard to describe what the strength of Woodmont Grill is. Essentially, it's an all-around restaurant with a menu broad enough to appeal to anyone. We started with a shared appetizer of grilled artichoke - think while artichokes cut in half and grilled until tender. Surprisingly delicious. The my friend ordered the ahi salad. I got the ribs. Both were well prepared and presented. These were not he finest ribs I've had but were surprisingly tender and clearly cooked slow and low for hours. The bill was reasonable too.

The ambiance is clubby but there were plenty of families, groups of friends, and others. I think Woodmont Grill is solid and a great solution foe groups that have varying tastes.

Norfolk
“Excelletnt service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Service was very good, waiter was attentive, table of 8 and all of our food came to us at the same time and everything was hot and well prepared.

Visited January 2013
Olney, Maryland
“Its a Houston's and its good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Woodmont is part of the Hillstone Restaurant group. I have been to about 15 of these across the US. 3 of my kids have worked for Hillstone. Food is always good. Servers are always sterile. The best items on the menu are the spinach dip and the prime rib sandwich. You will not find any better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waldorf, Maryland
“One of my favorite places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love Woodmont Grill (Houston's) Hawaiin Steak! it has got to be the best in town. I recommend anyone coming to the Bethesda area to try it. The service is impeccable and there is a live jazz band to top it off. The portions are not over the top; just right.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Enjoyable Meal at the Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had some difficulty in finding this restaurant on foot, however, I called and the hostess assisted me in finding the site using my iPhone. We walked in and were greeted by a crowd of hungry people waiting to be seated. The hostess advised me it would be a 15 minute wait even with our 6:30 pm reservation. And she was right as we were promptly seated around 6:45 pm in the rear of the restaurant near the open kitchen. There is nothing distinctive about the interior except it looks like an upscale diner with a bar and open kitchen. We had a great server who was very efficient in taking our order for dinner.

I had a nice salad with fresh greens, cranberries, beets with goat cheese and crumbled bacon with a thick vinaigrette dressing. I liked the salad but not the smoky tasting bacon as it did not mix well with the other tasty ingredients. My husband had the chile and gave me a thumbs up before it was all gone. We both had the fresh broiled rockfish with a crabmeat topping (which were plain lumps of sweet crabmeat). This was served with a sizable portion of real mashers and asparagus. We both liked the entrees and said that the fish was fresh and ample and so was the crabmeat. I asked for the buttery sauce on the side so as to not confuse the taste of the fish with the sauce.

We were very satisfied with our food and could not eat more so we asked for the check. It was hard to believe but in this busy restaurant we ate and paid in less than an hour.

I would return to this nice eatery in the heart of Bethesda if I am in the area. It was a very good meal with excellent service. And yes the restroom was clean and well stocked. It lost one star for the wait we had even with a reservation and the cramped waiting area that did not have seating for its diners.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere