“Its a Houston's and its good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woodmont Grill

Woodmont Grill
7715 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814-6003 (Formerly Houston's)
301-656-9755
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Olney, Maryland
“Its a Houston's and its good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Woodmont is part of the Hillstone Restaurant group. I have been to about 15 of these across the US. 3 of my kids have worked for Hillstone. Food is always good. Servers are always sterile. The best items on the menu are the spinach dip and the prime rib sandwich. You will not find any better.

Waldorf, Maryland
“One of my favorite places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love Woodmont Grill (Houston's) Hawaiin Steak! it has got to be the best in town. I recommend anyone coming to the Bethesda area to try it. The service is impeccable and there is a live jazz band to top it off. The portions are not over the top; just right.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Enjoyable Meal at the Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had some difficulty in finding this restaurant on foot, however, I called and the hostess assisted me in finding the site using my iPhone. We walked in and were greeted by a crowd of hungry people waiting to be seated. The hostess advised me it would be a 15 minute wait even with our 6:30 pm reservation. And she was right as we were promptly seated around 6:45 pm in the rear of the restaurant near the open kitchen. There is nothing distinctive about the interior except it looks like an upscale diner with a bar and open kitchen. We had a great server who was very efficient in taking our order for dinner.

I had a nice salad with fresh greens, cranberries, beets with goat cheese and crumbled bacon with a thick vinaigrette dressing. I liked the salad but not the smoky tasting bacon as it did not mix well with the other tasty ingredients. My husband had the chile and gave me a thumbs up before it was all gone. We both had the fresh broiled rockfish with a crabmeat topping (which were plain lumps of sweet crabmeat). This was served with a sizable portion of real mashers and asparagus. We both liked the entrees and said that the fish was fresh and ample and so was the crabmeat. I asked for the buttery sauce on the side so as to not confuse the taste of the fish with the sauce.

We were very satisfied with our food and could not eat more so we asked for the check. It was hard to believe but in this busy restaurant we ate and paid in less than an hour.

I would return to this nice eatery in the heart of Bethesda if I am in the area. It was a very good meal with excellent service. And yes the restroom was clean and well stocked. It lost one star for the wait we had even with a reservation and the cramped waiting area that did not have seating for its diners.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DMV
“Nice spot tucked away.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a reservation, which is your best bet cause that little place gets a lot of business. Had to wait for the entire party to get there but that was on me. Good service, not too overbearing. I had the crab cakes and my party had ribs and burgers. Not the best crab cakes but certainly not the worst. Nice spot for couples cause it can get expensive for a party of 2 or more. Definitely would go again!

Rockville, Maryland
“something changed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

we used to love this place and were going from time to time when we were craving for really good steak. But I agree with other reviews, something has changed. When we visited last time the meat was dry and tasteless, artichoke undergrilled. I don't understand how they let this piece of meat out of the kitchen.
Consider it is an expensive place, it is very poor value for the money. I put 3 stars only because they did not charge me for the steak, but overall it was a disappointment.

• Visited November 2012