“My "Go-to" Indian Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“My "Go-to" Indian Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

As other reviewers have noted this place used to be called "Haandi" and used to be on Fairmont Avenue. The location and name have changed, and the menu has a few new items, but the management is still the same and the food is still awesome. If you remember how good the old place was then you won't be disappointed. If you've never been to the old Haandi, or never tried Indian Food in general, well then here's no time like the present.

As the title suggests this is my "go-to" for Indian food, and even though I no longer live in Bethesda, this place remains the standard to which I compare all other Indian food. There are fancier and more expensive places (Bombay Club) in the DC area, and places that are allegedly more traditional (Heritage India - I'm not Indian, I don't know), but for my money I'd take this place.

If you go you should try the crispy spinach or the somosa appetizer. Also the lamb dishes and vegetarian dishes are really quite tasty here.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bethesda, Maryland
“Now Kadhai Restaurant on Norfolk Ave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Thanks to the previous reviewer who mentioned the change of name and address! The food is indeed very good, it is a buffet at lunch time which is well worth the (very reasonable) price especially in week days. I would certainly oftne go to this place if I were around in Bethesda at lunch time. The sunny terrace outside was a great plus.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Germantown, Maryland
“Excellent lunch Buffet..but I ate too much.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food at the lunch buffet was excellent. I wish it was a bit more spicy but still good. Nice variety too. The brad was great. That is always my favorite part of a good Indian meal...the bread.

Be warned that it gets very crowded at lunch time. The dining room is uncomfortably packed. If you go for lunch get there around 11:30AM if you want to spend more time at the table and less time standing in line at the buffet.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Deserves a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Very attentive service. We sat outside which was very pleasant. Meals were tasty and well spiced. Will go again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Boutique Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Being from a rural area, I enjoy eating different cuisines when I have the opportunity. I was in Bethesda for business and always check TripAdvisor for restaurant recommendations.While the name and location may have changed (this was Haandi Restaurant and number 1 on the TripAdvisor site), Kadhai as it is now known offers excellent Indian cuisine in a quiet environment. Service was also very good and all were attentive to our needs. I enjoy curry spiced food and so I looked to that option for my dinner and was not disappointed.

• Visited June 2013