“Excellent lunch Buffet..but I ate too much.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Germantown, Maryland
“Excellent lunch Buffet..but I ate too much.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food at the lunch buffet was excellent. I wish it was a bit more spicy but still good. Nice variety too. The brad was great. That is always my favorite part of a good Indian meal...the bread.

Be warned that it gets very crowded at lunch time. The dining room is uncomfortably packed. If you go for lunch get there around 11:30AM if you want to spend more time at the table and less time standing in line at the buffet.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
USA
“Deserves a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Very attentive service. We sat outside which was very pleasant. Meals were tasty and well spiced. Will go again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Boutique Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Being from a rural area, I enjoy eating different cuisines when I have the opportunity. I was in Bethesda for business and always check TripAdvisor for restaurant recommendations.While the name and location may have changed (this was Haandi Restaurant and number 1 on the TripAdvisor site), Kadhai as it is now known offers excellent Indian cuisine in a quiet environment. Service was also very good and all were attentive to our needs. I enjoy curry spiced food and so I looked to that option for my dinner and was not disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Good Indian. Great Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place is the reincarnated Haandi. The dining room was nice but incomplete. The place is brand new but they could use some artwork on the walls. We ordered our regular....Butter Chicken, Lamb Biryani, Chana masala, a unique Eggplant, Coconut and Peanut casserole and Garlic Naan. For an appetizer, Vegetable Samosas. Everything was good. Service was friendly and fast. But, there was something that rubbed us the wrong way; they charge per piece for the Naan! We love our Naan and lots of it. The Naan was very good but we would prefer at least a couple of pieces per order! We would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013