“More attention to customer service” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Bethesda
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
“More attention to customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband loves the Aroma in Soho. He goes their every morning every time we are in NY. He saw on the menu they were opening at Montgomery Mall and yesterday we went for breakfast on our way home from Dulles AP. He had the oatmeal w fruit and he didn't think it was as good as what he has in NY. I thought it tasted pretty much the same but the one in NY I think was creamier. I wanted pancakes. They don't have pancakes. Then I saw waffle on the menu but it wasn't a home made waffle it was a small packaged waffle. Don't put packaged items on the menu. So I had the egg in the toast with salad. It was okay. Their coffee is okay but I am a Dunkin gal so to me it was a little strong. They are not in a good section of the mall they are near the gap. But on the plus side it will be more relaxing since it's not in the busier section of the mall. I do think as a company NY included that the staff could be nicer. Especially if your new they should be going that extra mile and at least asking how everything is and is there anything we need ect... We were the only ones in the place. How hard is that!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Gaithersburg
“Deliciously healthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Healthy, comforting food choices made to order. Anything from reasonably sized Mediterranean salads to comforting warm small plate pastas. Baked goods are a bit pricey.

Visited September 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Excellent coffee and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I discovered Aroma for the first time in Israel and thought it was great and very different than Starbucks, primarily due to the high quality equipment and the real made to order food. When I heard that they were opening in the US I was excited but it was only in Miami and New York at first. Much to my delight when I heard they were opening in Montgomery Mall.

This location is in probably the worst spot of the mall, which has meant it is never too crowded when I've been, however the coffee is excellent, the food fresh, and the atmosphere different than Starbucks. Hopefully some better tenants come to that corner of the mall so that Aroma lasts a long time.

Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Relaxing lunch oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

A friend took me to Aroma to introduce me to the chain she enjoys at home in Israel- everything we had was delicious (and kosher)! I am totally hooked on the Iced Lemonana and wish I could find somewhere near my home to get one everyday! I recommend the Shakshuka with yummy homemade bread and the warm garbanzo salad, too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Want to love it, but they make it really hard.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Great espresso, wretched service. Milk is pre steamed and just sitting there, not the best way to deliver. Will not do anything additional to help..... guy was shocked that I asked them to add sugar before the steamed milk, since I could do it myself.
Lots of attitude from staff, and this morning one of them was eating baked goods as she was putting them in the jar to serve. More than five minutes wait for a cafe au lait, with 2 people in line. Would fail, I am sure, but for the super cool Israeli vibe.

Visited April 2013