“Awesome "fast food" restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 299 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Portuguese
bethesda, md
“Awesome "fast food" restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This fast food, sit down restaurant is a great alternative to "fast food" chains. While not cheap, a good healthy family meal that is fresh and tasty in a nice environment is easy to have. You order at the corner, grab a table and they bring your food to you. This keeps the kids busy and service quick. A great option to a full sit down restaurant or one of the other fast food chains.

Visited March 2013

“Pretty good chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Seemed like a quick eat spot, the waitress stopped us at the door & seated us. Gave us menus then told us to order @ the counter. We order then the guy says we'll bring your order to your table. A bit confusing. The food was average. The chicken was pretty good. They have a range of sauces.... The medium was hot! The atmosphere was nice. Really cute decor. I wouldn't go out of my way to return, but would go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fun & Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went to this restaurant last summer and loved it. It has a fun atmosphere with great tables and comfortable chairs. It's a place to go to for chicken. They have salads, and a variety of interesting side dishes. You place your order and then they serve the food at your table. It's quick and delicious. There's another restaurant in Gaithersburg. Both are very good. We go to the one in Gaithersburg more often, because it's closer. Friendly staff, good music....it's a feel-good place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Mixed Signals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was looking for a restaurant that I could dash into quickly and feed a very hungry two year old and myself. Although the staff seats you and gives you menus, the ordering process takes place by getting up and going to the counter to place your order which is then delivered to your table. Most places that I've seen like this have menu items listed above the counter as well as small paper menus while you peruse while waiting in line. Once I figured out what was happening, I asked one of the staff to take my order at our table since I didn't want to leave my grandson unattended, and they graciously came to the table. The menu is heavy on chicken which can go from plain to extremely spicy, based on your preference. Everything is cooked fresh on order. The kids menu was limited to grilled cheese or some variation of chicken. It was also pricey since the drink was extra. The frozen yogurt was included in the kid's price however and my grandson was delighted with that!
I ordered a chicken pita for myself with a mild seasoning and wasn't very impressed. The chicken was OK, but it was small (almost slider size) and the pita was way too large for the size of the chicken. The rest of the pita was filled with veggies, but there wasn't much there for what I paid. Their Coke dispenser is one of the new ones that has all kinds of drink varieties that you can't find in the grocery store..so I liked that.
Although I wasn't impressed this time, I might give them another chance if I'm in the area again without a little one in tow. This seems to be one of the many lunch hangouts for the work crowd and really isn't suited for the kiddie set, unless you have another pair of adult arms.

• Visited January 2013