“Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Liked the happy hour deals. Had the lobster poutine which was ok, but good for the price. Service was kinda all over, but nice.

Visited November 2012

York
“Super rehearsal dinner event”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

When you are a Mainer and your kid asks for a Lobster Shack rehearsal dinner near Bethesda, MD, you start fretting how to buy 30 lobsters and drive them South! But.....along comes Freddy's! The staff did a great job with a cocktail party and sit-down meal for 30 folks - each of whom seemed to have a great time and loved their meals. In the spirit of a true food review, I must admit that the split lobsters in the pot short-changed the true spirit of tearing into a whole lobster - and my wife tells me the tails were a bit dry. But, overall, I would certainly entrust Freddy's to deliver on a fun experience for a large party.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“So disappointed by the food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to try Freddy's Lobster and Clams in Bethesda, as we are always looking for a good place for seafood. The decor is basic but inviting, with several booths and tables with bench on one side and a sports bar on the other. I ordered the New England Clam Chowder and the fish and chips platter; my wife went for the house salad and the lobster roll. I was disappointed to see that the chowder, which looked like a potato bouillion, contained hardly any clams and had an off taste. Similarly, the fried fish and the tartar sauce were nothing like what I am used to; I did not like any of it, so I ended up filling up on the french fries, which were fine. My wife's lobster roll was very small, about 3/4 the size of a hot dog bun, totally dwarfed by the pile of french fries besides it. The glass of wine we ordered turned out to be an inch of wine at the bottom of a glass.
The only positive about the place was the friendly service.

• Visited October 2012