“A hidden gem in Bethesda” 5 of 5 stars

(301) 951-0474
Update restaurant details
Ranked #10 of 292 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French
“A hidden gem in Bethesda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We've stayed in the Double Tree hotel close to Tout de Sweet and came across the place thanks to the Tripadvisor 'places near me' locator. First time we missed it - they don't work on Mondays. But on Tuesday the morning croissant aux amandes and pain au chocolat were perfect, very similar indeed to those you'd try in France. The other day we took out a box of various pastry to our friends' place and that, again, was a total success. The cafe itself is tiny, so you'll probably won't be able to sit in their for long (still, they have a few tables outside for nice days). But this is definitely a great choice if you want to take out something delicious, light and with a charming note of France in it.

Visited April 2013

100% Recommend
DC
“Best pastries, desserts - bar none!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Wholeheartedly agree with the other reviewer - fantastic croissants - especially the croissant aux amandes. For Valentine's, they had incredible macaroons. If you like dessert at Annie's, come here....they supply the desserts at Annie's Bistro Francais.

I wouldn't call this a restaurant so much as a pastry shop - not even sure I recall seating. But just fantastic!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perhaps the best Croissant in the Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

So, on a trip to Paris w/ family, I used trusty trip advisor and other internet reviews (as my wife is fluent in french) to hunt down the top Croissant in Paris. They take this little guy very seriously. Via Paris' Taxis and metros my mission was accomplished and I indeed was fortunate enough to taste two of Parisian critics top Paris croissants. The only down side of that experience is the quest to find something close. I wasnt looking when I found this palce but guess what? This place is as good and rivaled the best.

Now, metro DC has 2 or 3 top notch french named places that serve a very good croissant. But for a notch above them, this is it.

You cannot bite into one of them without a cascade of flakes falling into your plate (or lap if your driving). On the inside: soft and velvety. Chef Gerome Colin who was a pastry chef ay a 5 star and a score of other credential has opened up this small little gem. (I dont know him personally) They also have great Macarons according to fam and friends, which I cant comment on and a selection of other pastries. I could say that there are other shops with more selection. But for the quintessential croissant: Welcome to Paris!!!!

• Visited October 2012