“The best lobster rolls anywhere..” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 301 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Seafood
Chicago, Illinois
“The best lobster rolls anywhere..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been here more than 20 times and it just keeps getting better! I got married in Maine but Luke's lobster rolls are better than any I've had in Maine. Their service is stellar and their made in Maine soft drinks are worth getting fat over!

Visited June 2014

Rockville, Maryland
“Must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Luke's is an absolutely must-try. I first had it from a food truck set up at District Flea in D.C, and I am hooked! This location in Bethesda Row is TINY. Cute place, very small, counter seating, and tables outside. I have never eaten there, as I just take it to go. The menu is small, but you can't go wrong with any of the choices. If it is your first time, get the taste of Maine. It gives you half of each of the following: crab roll, shrimp roll, and lobster roll, comes with 2 ready to eat crab claws, a pickle, your choice of chips, and a soft drink for about $23. My favorite of the three is the lobster roll, but the crab and shrimp are great also. All of the rolls are garnished the same, which is just perfect. The lobster roll by itself seems like a lot of money for a seemingly small portion ($15), but the lobster is rich and filling. I could definitely eat 3 in one sitting, but one roll plus chips and a drink is enough. The crab roll is about $12 and the shrimp is about $8. Also, there is a grilled cheese, which i will be trying on my next trip, and soups. There is always New England clam chowder, but the last time I went, they had lobster bisque, which I ordered. I love lobster bisque, and this one was just about perfect. It was very rich and creamy, but the texture was a little "grainy" for my preference. Served with oyster crackers. I believe you can add chips and a drink for $2 (might be $3). Three varieties of cape cod chips, kettle cooked, barbeque, and sea salt and vinegar. Soda fountain has a few choices, all but one are from a Maine based company, and then there is diet coke. My favorite, as well as everyone else's ( that's how it seems!) is the blueberry, and I'm not even a huge fan of blueberry to start with! Beer is also available, but again, I've never had it as I've always gotten carryout, but it looks like you can sit outside and drink it if you would like. I have never been disappointed coming here. It is never extremely crowded, it is very clean, quick, and the staff has always been very helpful and friendly. Tip them! ALSO..... Ask for a "lobsta mobsta" stamp card. I believe it is one stamp per every roll you purchase, the other details are on the card. Once you get 10 stamps, you get a free roll! I'm about halfway through, it is not difficult to fill up! Parking in Bethesda row is not fun, but I usually take the metro, which is pretty close (as I live in Rockville town center.) if you do decide to drive and want carryout, call ahead, Luke's does curbside pickup! All in all great. I would eat here every day if I could ( but I would be broke).

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brownsville, Texas
“Great tasting lobster roll”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I ordered the lobster roll and it was great. You just walk up to the counter and order. No fuss. You can eat outside or take it back to hotel. It was a bit pricey. I paid 18.00 for a lobster roll and a water. The lobster roll wasn't big. Delicious but small portions.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great lobster roll!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

It was my best lunch while in Bethesda. Lobster rolls are great and hits just the right spot. It's a take out with a bar counter and some outside seating. Perfect for a quick and satisfying meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southern Maryland
“Delish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

What i had was delish, even though the portion size wasn't very large. Very small space inside and lost of space outside. Unfortunately, it was raining while i was there.

• Visited March 2014