“Very enjoyable dinner, but you need to go if only to see the oven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Haven Pizzeria

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bethesda, MD
“Very enjoyable dinner, but you need to go if only to see the oven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Have tried Haven on weekends but the wait was too long. Finally went on a rainy Monday night and seated immediately. The place is decorated nicely in muted tones. The wine selection looked impressive though we don't drink. Server was attentive and friendly. The roasted red pepper appetizer was so good I saved some to put on top of the pizza. Romano salad very good and dressed perfectly. We got a white spinach & mushroom pizza which was the best white pizza I've ever had. Mozzarella instead of the usual fontina cheese used on white pizzas, and the crust was fantastic. Make sure you watch a little while the action at the massive coal fired oven.

• Visited March 2013

70% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Haven Bethesda md”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The best pizza I've had outside of Italy. Have the arugula salad and ice cream for desert. You can't go wrong at Haven. We sat at the bar... Our bartender Justin was awesome!

• Visited March 2013
Bethesda, MD
“Fantastic Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a unique - tomato pie - as they call it. Light, cheesy, lots of choices. Specials make it interesting any day of the week. Great location on Wisconsin Avenue. Easy parking. Very nice atmosphere. I immediately thought of bringing our whole (big) family here for dinner sometime. Reasonable prices. They serve gelato too! It was fun watching them make the pizzas from their open kitchen. The crust is thin and light with lots of flavor. I am going back today for lunch with women friends . When my husband heard where we were going he said he is goin g to join us!

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food, we'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I went here for an early dinner. We loved to food, the service and the venue. And I like the wine.
This is great for an informal family dinner. Not cheap, but not outrageous $. Lots of families early with the kids, but plenty to offer grown ups at a later sitting. We will be back, frequently!

Bethesda, Maryland
“Great pizza, and what a spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Pizza was very yum. The tomatoe pie was great. I like minimal to no cheese on my pizza so that was the way to go. Of course it gets soggy after it's cut but that's ok. Gelato was great too! It's like a field trip and dinner rolled up in one-lots of open air and windows to see them making everything at each stage of the game, there is no private prep or cooking area. And the booths are very private-you cant see anyone else in the restaurant from many of the seats. I find that a good thing. All the workers are always being watched, or could always be watched, if you wanted. Very clean. clean bathrooms.

Visited January 2013