“Fantastic Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Bethesda, MD
“Fantastic Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a unique - tomato pie - as they call it. Light, cheesy, lots of choices. Specials make it interesting any day of the week. Great location on Wisconsin Avenue. Easy parking. Very nice atmosphere. I immediately thought of bringing our whole (big) family here for dinner sometime. Reasonable prices. They serve gelato too! It was fun watching them make the pizzas from their open kitchen. The crust is thin and light with lots of flavor. I am going back today for lunch with women friends . When my husband heard where we were going he said he is goin g to join us!

• Visited December 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food, we'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I went here for an early dinner. We loved to food, the service and the venue. And I like the wine.
This is great for an informal family dinner. Not cheap, but not outrageous $. Lots of families early with the kids, but plenty to offer grown ups at a later sitting. We will be back, frequently!

Bethesda, Maryland
“Great pizza, and what a spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Pizza was very yum. The tomatoe pie was great. I like minimal to no cheese on my pizza so that was the way to go. Of course it gets soggy after it's cut but that's ok. Gelato was great too! It's like a field trip and dinner rolled up in one-lots of open air and windows to see them making everything at each stage of the game, there is no private prep or cooking area. And the booths are very private-you cant see anyone else in the restaurant from many of the seats. I find that a good thing. All the workers are always being watched, or could always be watched, if you wanted. Very clean. clean bathrooms.

Visited January 2013
Potomac, Maryland
“Best best for pizza in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I have been to Haven on numerous occasions and I haven't been disappointed one bit. The owners and staff are friendly and very helpful. We had a large group go for my birthday and they were very accommodating with people arriving in waves on a busy Friday evening and we had a great time. Also, the bartenders made me a couple of cocktails that weren't on their regular drink menu which was a nice touch. The pizzas here are outstanding. You can taste the difference that the huge coal-fired oven makes in terms of making the authentic New Haven-style pies. The freshness of the ingredients in everything from the appetizers to the deserts comes through clearly. What a great place to go for a reasonable, casual dinner that is high in quality and doesn't disappoint.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kensington, Maryland
“Takes me back to Sally's in New Haven, CT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I had a blind date at Sally's Pizzeria in New Haven, CT 10 years ago this December. Until eating here we have longed for that crisp coal fired pizza from back in the day. Haven takes us back their and is the real deal with original New York/CT American pizza. Coal ovens are the only way to add that fabulous mouth watering crisp traditional texture and flavor. Thanks for providing us a place to escape and travel back to yesterday! Yummy!

• Visited December 2012