“Excellent food, we'll be back” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food, we'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I went here for an early dinner. We loved to food, the service and the venue. And I like the wine.
This is great for an informal family dinner. Not cheap, but not outrageous $. Lots of families early with the kids, but plenty to offer grown ups at a later sitting. We will be back, frequently!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

70% Recommend
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great pizza, and what a spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Pizza was very yum. The tomatoe pie was great. I like minimal to no cheese on my pizza so that was the way to go. Of course it gets soggy after it's cut but that's ok. Gelato was great too! It's like a field trip and dinner rolled up in one-lots of open air and windows to see them making everything at each stage of the game, there is no private prep or cooking area. And the booths are very private-you cant see anyone else in the restaurant from many of the seats. I find that a good thing. All the workers are always being watched, or could always be watched, if you wanted. Very clean. clean bathrooms.

Visited January 2013
Potomac, Maryland
“Best best for pizza in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I have been to Haven on numerous occasions and I haven't been disappointed one bit. The owners and staff are friendly and very helpful. We had a large group go for my birthday and they were very accommodating with people arriving in waves on a busy Friday evening and we had a great time. Also, the bartenders made me a couple of cocktails that weren't on their regular drink menu which was a nice touch. The pizzas here are outstanding. You can taste the difference that the huge coal-fired oven makes in terms of making the authentic New Haven-style pies. The freshness of the ingredients in everything from the appetizers to the deserts comes through clearly. What a great place to go for a reasonable, casual dinner that is high in quality and doesn't disappoint.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kensington, Maryland
“Takes me back to Sally's in New Haven, CT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I had a blind date at Sally's Pizzeria in New Haven, CT 10 years ago this December. Until eating here we have longed for that crisp coal fired pizza from back in the day. Haven takes us back their and is the real deal with original New York/CT American pizza. Coal ovens are the only way to add that fabulous mouth watering crisp traditional texture and flavor. Thanks for providing us a place to escape and travel back to yesterday! Yummy!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DC
“Very Good New Haven style Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had a small clam and spinach pizza today here. By far the best New Haven style in this area.
The clams were good as well as the spinach. The crust was thin and a bit crisp as was done many years ago getting this style good. Service was good and the wait at 12:30 PM was only about 15 minutes.

• Visited October 2012