“You can have any main course with Groupon” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road
Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“You can have any main course with Groupon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went there for the first time with a groupon purchase. As it turned out, we were allowed to order main course from the regular menu with a $5 surcharge. This was a great deal, as my husband liked bronzino and it was not on the 3-course menu. Everything we ordered was very good, particularly the bronzino. The 3-course group deal also give my cocktail two dollars off. There is a parking garage right across the street. If you like fish, this is an excellent place. The service was also very good. We will be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ChefTonyMarciante, Owner at Chef Tony's, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Your words are so kind! What can we do in the future to get fives all across-the-board? Thanks again for taking the time to write to us, my staff and I review these daily, I really appreciate your input!

Washington, DC
“Great value with Groupon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I bought a Groupon for $40 that entitled us to a three course meal for two! We went on a Thursday night and the place was full. It is a small restaurant with many tables for two. We were seated near the window into the kitchen, not great but easy to find our waiter! As other reviewers have noted, Chef Tony is front and center--greeting at the door, checking on the food, generally everywhere.

I had romaine salad, parmesan crusted cod and cheesecake. My husband had crab soup, monk fish with lobster sauce and crème brulee. All were good but my meal was better. The salad was fresh and plentiful and the dressing--balsamic. The lettuce had been seared and the taste! The cod was delicious and light. His soup had been under the heat lamp and although it was tasty, it did have a film on the top. The monkfish was tasty but very rich. Both desserts were very good.

Our waiter was good but the restaurant was full and he had his hands full. Occasionally, we had to flag him down.

With the 3 course meal, you are offered 20% off a bottle of wine--a nice extra. The bill was delivered two ways--as if we had no Groupon and with the discount. I assume this was to show us what we saved and to make sure we tipped on the full price. A sure sign of getting older is that I am always astounded by what things cost these days.

We will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our son and his wife live in Bethesda and this is the "special" place we love to take them whenever we come to visit. They enjoy it so much that they dine here on their own too.

The menu changes every day and the food is is always fresh and imaginative, beautifully served. We are all fish eaters and there is always something different to choose from. The desserts are amazing.

The service is excellent, and Tony himself is always keeping an eye on everything, alert for any glitch. Whenever possible, Tony makes it a point to welcome each party who walks in and to thank them for coming when they leave.

Furthermore, diners who have made reservations (and I would not recommend going without reservations, even on a week night) will receive a phone call the next day making sure that everything was pleasing and thanking them yet again.

The restaurant is always full and bustling, casually elegant and energetic. Again, make sure you have made reservations!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a new place that me & my honey went to on Saturday. LOVE the way we were greeted upon arriving & while walking to our table. LOVED the intimacy, the atmosphere & the fact that Chef Tony is actually roaming the floor instead of staying behind the scene. The menu options were just enough & not too overwhelming. Our waiter was superb in explaining the dishes to us & making accommodations if we needed them. I had the Jumbo Shrimp Pasta which was EXCELLENT! Made with the right spices & not overdoing it with the sauce. My honey had the Chicken PIcatta & he absolutely LOVED IT!! I know that my honey liked the place because he was still raving about it the following day up until the night. When we left out we were thanked for dining in with them, We will definitely be returning to this restaurant asking for the same waiter. This place definitely is in our Top 5!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ChefTonyMarciante, Owner at Chef Tony's, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
What an amazing review! I really appreciate all your kind comments, I will be sharing this with my staff… Thanks again for coming and we look forward to see you next time ! Please say hi and seek me out the next time you're in!
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Fish with a Flair!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here several times and we've always come away impressed with the quality, service and imaginative menu. Tony really specializes in fish. It's always fresh and with a terrific presentation. I started with the grilled Caesar salad, which is excellent and plenty big enough for two, The romaine is very lightly grilled, but you somehow get that grilled flavor without really wilting the romaine, and the balsamic drizzle is a great accent. My wife was very happy with the crab soup. Entrees were monkfish fillets for her and I had Massachusetts Cod. The cod dish had roasted potato, tomato, white beans and chorizo. They all retained their individual flavors while making for a wonderful dish. Desserts were cheesecake and a caramelized sweet potato pie that were a perfect end to the dinner.

The service was attentive and our server Axel had an excellent knowledge of the menu. Tony's is not a large place, but the atmosphere is relaxed and convivial. There is a nice wine list with a very good range of prices. Chef Tony is very friendly, and his attitude is reflected in his restaurant. Prices are reasonable, especially for the excellent quality and preparation. If you are looking for a great seafood dinner, Chef Tony's won't disappoint!