“We love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 296 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pasta, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road
Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
Description: We are a Chef owned seafood focused restaurant in beautiful downtown Bethesda. We feature a daily changing menu and use as many locally sourced products as we can. We maintain a friendly and comfortable dining space that allows our guests to relax and recharge. We approach our restaurant with an appreciation for simplicity, authenticity and connection to our community. We deliver daily with high quality food, spirits and people. Our menus include fresh seasonal seafood at their core. We deliver food that nurtures, delights and reminds people that life is short and to enjoy a great meal more often. Our restaurant delivers a comfortable upscale environment that promotes conversation and connection
Miami, Florida
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our son and his wife live in Bethesda and this is the "special" place we love to take them whenever we come to visit. They enjoy it so much that they dine here on their own too.

The menu changes every day and the food is is always fresh and imaginative, beautifully served. We are all fish eaters and there is always something different to choose from. The desserts are amazing.

The service is excellent, and Tony himself is always keeping an eye on everything, alert for any glitch. Whenever possible, Tony makes it a point to welcome each party who walks in and to thank them for coming when they leave.

Furthermore, diners who have made reservations (and I would not recommend going without reservations, even on a week night) will receive a phone call the next day making sure that everything was pleasing and thanking them yet again.

The restaurant is always full and bustling, casually elegant and energetic. Again, make sure you have made reservations!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a new place that me & my honey went to on Saturday. LOVE the way we were greeted upon arriving & while walking to our table. LOVED the intimacy, the atmosphere & the fact that Chef Tony is actually roaming the floor instead of staying behind the scene. The menu options were just enough & not too overwhelming. Our waiter was superb in explaining the dishes to us & making accommodations if we needed them. I had the Jumbo Shrimp Pasta which was EXCELLENT! Made with the right spices & not overdoing it with the sauce. My honey had the Chicken PIcatta & he absolutely LOVED IT!! I know that my honey liked the place because he was still raving about it the following day up until the night. When we left out we were thanked for dining in with them, We will definitely be returning to this restaurant asking for the same waiter. This place definitely is in our Top 5!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ChefTonyMarciante, Owner at Chef Tony's, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
What an amazing review! I really appreciate all your kind comments, I will be sharing this with my staff… Thanks again for coming and we look forward to see you next time ! Please say hi and seek me out the next time you're in!
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Fish with a Flair!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here several times and we've always come away impressed with the quality, service and imaginative menu. Tony really specializes in fish. It's always fresh and with a terrific presentation. I started with the grilled Caesar salad, which is excellent and plenty big enough for two, The romaine is very lightly grilled, but you somehow get that grilled flavor without really wilting the romaine, and the balsamic drizzle is a great accent. My wife was very happy with the crab soup. Entrees were monkfish fillets for her and I had Massachusetts Cod. The cod dish had roasted potato, tomato, white beans and chorizo. They all retained their individual flavors while making for a wonderful dish. Desserts were cheesecake and a caramelized sweet potato pie that were a perfect end to the dinner.

The service was attentive and our server Axel had an excellent knowledge of the menu. Tony's is not a large place, but the atmosphere is relaxed and convivial. There is a nice wine list with a very good range of prices. Chef Tony is very friendly, and his attitude is reflected in his restaurant. Prices are reasonable, especially for the excellent quality and preparation. If you are looking for a great seafood dinner, Chef Tony's won't disappoint!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is conveniently located near the parking garage. It has great food. We have been many times and always return. Bethesda has a lot of restaurants, but this one is a find! The staff has always been great too. It must be a happy place to work!

Visited September 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Spectacular service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My first visit at Chef Tony using a Groupon. We were greeted upon arrival and ask if we have a coupon and was immediately seated with our menu handed to us. I looked at the an alternative menu for couponed meals and found that they only have one dish that is none seafood. Lucky for my friend who is allergic to seafood. He ordered a Ceasar Salad and a Chicken dish for his main course. I, on the other hand ordered the Calamari (a little bit over cook) and the Monk fish for my main course. The Main dish was very good and the right portion for me. The waiter was very attentive and was helpful. Will be back to try their Paella....

• Visited August 2013