“LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 292 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road
Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
“LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a new place that me & my honey went to on Saturday. LOVE the way we were greeted upon arriving & while walking to our table. LOVED the intimacy, the atmosphere & the fact that Chef Tony is actually roaming the floor instead of staying behind the scene. The menu options were just enough & not too overwhelming. Our waiter was superb in explaining the dishes to us & making accommodations if we needed them. I had the Jumbo Shrimp Pasta which was EXCELLENT! Made with the right spices & not overdoing it with the sauce. My honey had the Chicken PIcatta & he absolutely LOVED IT!! I know that my honey liked the place because he was still raving about it the following day up until the night. When we left out we were thanked for dining in with them, We will definitely be returning to this restaurant asking for the same waiter. This place definitely is in our Top 5!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

69% Recommend
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Fish with a Flair!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here several times and we've always come away impressed with the quality, service and imaginative menu. Tony really specializes in fish. It's always fresh and with a terrific presentation. I started with the grilled Caesar salad, which is excellent and plenty big enough for two, The romaine is very lightly grilled, but you somehow get that grilled flavor without really wilting the romaine, and the balsamic drizzle is a great accent. My wife was very happy with the crab soup. Entrees were monkfish fillets for her and I had Massachusetts Cod. The cod dish had roasted potato, tomato, white beans and chorizo. They all retained their individual flavors while making for a wonderful dish. Desserts were cheesecake and a caramelized sweet potato pie that were a perfect end to the dinner.

The service was attentive and our server Axel had an excellent knowledge of the menu. Tony's is not a large place, but the atmosphere is relaxed and convivial. There is a nice wine list with a very good range of prices. Chef Tony is very friendly, and his attitude is reflected in his restaurant. Prices are reasonable, especially for the excellent quality and preparation. If you are looking for a great seafood dinner, Chef Tony's won't disappoint!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is conveniently located near the parking garage. It has great food. We have been many times and always return. Bethesda has a lot of restaurants, but this one is a find! The staff has always been great too. It must be a happy place to work!

Visited September 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Spectacular service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My first visit at Chef Tony using a Groupon. We were greeted upon arrival and ask if we have a coupon and was immediately seated with our menu handed to us. I looked at the an alternative menu for couponed meals and found that they only have one dish that is none seafood. Lucky for my friend who is allergic to seafood. He ordered a Ceasar Salad and a Chicken dish for his main course. I, on the other hand ordered the Calamari (a little bit over cook) and the Monk fish for my main course. The Main dish was very good and the right portion for me. The waiter was very attentive and was helpful. Will be back to try their Paella....

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to chef Ton'y for the first time using a Groupon coupon for the three course price fix dinner. As we were being seated we were asked if we had a coupon and then we were brought to the back room. Seating was tight and the atmosphere was nothing to remark about. Our waiter appeared promptly and was friendly and attentive. I was expecting to have minimal choices with the price fix but I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of choices. We picked two appetizers- the calamari which was quite good and the ceviche which turned out to be more like a bruschetta ceviche- this was just okay. For my main course I had the salmon with plantains and brussel sprouts and my friend had a scallop dish both were nicely cooked and quite tasty. Dessert was one of the best I have ever had, a sweet potato with a sugar crust- words don't do it justice! All in all it was a good meal with good service. My improvements to this place would lay in the atmosphere inside and out-

• Visited August 2013