“Come for the food...” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Georgetown Road
Transit: Easy Three block walk from Bethesda Metro station. At the top of the escalator turn left slightly and proceed to third traffic light on Old Georgetown Road. Turn right on St Elmo, we are on right hand side at 4926. Multiple public bus stops also within walking distance.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Come for the food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not necessarily the scenery. ;) Went in December 2012 after a movie. Seafood was very good, and the dessert was quite tasty (believe it was a cheesecake).

Decor? Not so much. Reminded me of Italian restaurants in Western NY, with the murals on the walls and a slightly down at the heels feel. If you want fancy surroundings, go to Cesco Trattoria (which does not seem to know what it wants to be - club up front, upscale Italian in the back).

Will have to come back and experience brunch...

70% Recommend
Columbia, South Carolina
“Wonderful Carmel French Toast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went to Sunday Brunch. Our waiter was attentive and able to accommodate special requests. I had the Carmel French Toast. Cooked nicely and the carmel sauce was some of the best I have ever eaten. My wife had the Steak and Eggs. The steak was cook well and the sauce on top was wonderful.

I had their Bloody Mary. When I asked I was told that it was rather spicy but it was not. I had them make the next on more spicy. It had a nice horseradish flavor and was spicier. My wife had the bottomless Mimosa and they were good but a little inconsistent.

this is a place that I would return to for Sunday Brunch when I return to Bethesda.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, PA
“Ambiance average, food very good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My niece and I had dinner here with a Groupon that she purchased. We were asked if we would like to sit by the window which was next to the door opening and it was a cold evening. There was a party in the back so he offered us a table for two in a very narrow hallway-like room off to the side. Cute but there was a subtle aroma we think from an air freshener in the doorway that became very obnoxious very soon. Since there were no more tables available we had to stay there! When the waiter saw the Groupon he took away our menus and brought back a printed menu for Groupon holders for an appetizer, entree and dessert. The appetizers were very good, a cheese plate and grilled Caesar salad (I don't know what was grilled about it). For entrees we ordered salmon and a parmesan-crusted sole. Both were very tasty. My potatoes were cold so they did bring me a dish of newly mashed potatoes. Desserts were very good also. We were impressed with the fact that they use locally grown and some organic foods. Since I was a visitor from out of town, I won't be back there and I don't think my niece who lives nearby will either. Prices a little high also. Original cost of dinner and a bottle of wine was $122.

Bowie, Maryland
“An Enjoyable Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The restaurant is small and the atmosphere is simple but pleasant. The real focus is the food. Went there for brunch with family members and we all were very satisfied. Our dishes included oyster and mussel appetizers (my mother said they were the best mussels she's ever tasted), chorizo and crab omelets with delicious roasted potatoes, and the warm banana bread with pecan ice cream for dessert. Our server was pleasant and attentive. We will be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, D.C.
“Well-Crafted Fish Dishes, Service Up and Down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had a large family birthday dinner here Saturday night, and was very pleased with the quality of the various fish dishes we ordered. Lots of fresh, high quality seafood options here - from meaty swordfish steaks prepared with olive tapenade and roasted potatoes; to whole dorade; to trout; and seafood stews.

The desserts and service were a little up and down. The creme brulee was stellar. The tiramisu was attempted with a twist - made with Kahlua - and was oversoaked in the alcohol, marring the execution.

As for the service, the waitstaff was great in its interactions with customers - not so much on following through. An order for a glass of wine was never delivered. The dessert specially requested for the birthday guest made it to the table several minutes after everyone else's choice. And there was a noticeable wait of several minutes between when the first set of entrees was delivered to the table and when the delivery was complete for the table - long enough that the first set of dishes would have been cold if everyone waited until delivery was complete.

All in all, a good choice for fresh seafood dishes, and though the experience was not perfect in all respects, I'd go back for more.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Chef Tony's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chef Tony's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.