“Great cheap, fast food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 296 restaurants in Bethesda
Description: Panas specializes in Latin fusion gourmet empanadas, crescent- shaped turnovers, stuffed with well seasoned combinations of meats, vegetables, spices, fruits, and sweets. Our recipes are inspired by the idea of Latin Fusion cuisine; a culinary concept based on creating new recipes by combining traditional and modern culinary techniques and mixing ingredients from different countries in the Americas. The only empanadas’ tradition we want to preserve is that empanadas a great idea and fun package for food.
London
“Great cheap, fast food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Wednesday evening 1st August 19:25 From this point on I write as I enjoy. (Thank you Mr Larson)

Like others this review is for the P Street location, it would be nice if Trip Advisor could set up a separate page for such reviews

I'd actually walked past this place, looked in but kept walking as it looked too antiseptic. Got back to my room at Hotel Palmar down the road and hit Trip Advisor for where to go for a quick bite. Reading the reviews it seemed a must do.

The place is busy, they could probably squeeze in a couple more tables, which would make it tight but I can think of lots of other places that would. Also it might stop people leaving because it lookes like there were no tables free. This happened a couple of times while I was waiting. This is a shame, those who left missed a good simple meal at an exceptional price.

They have a really nice touch of embossing the initials of each empanada with a two letter code to say indicate what is as they all look the same.

Not sure what the house white wine was but it was delightful slightly sparkling, very fruity a little sweet, not dry but did a nice little dance on my tongue. One tiny suggestion would be as it is finger food they should deliver paper napkins with the food rather than customers having to get them.

Great value and nothing not to like here, finished this review as I finished the meal.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Adjuntas, Puerto Rico
“Good empanadas in Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I’ve been there twice and for some reason my first experience was good but my second time there which was over the weekend, was way better. Of course this depends on which empanada you end up choosing. I went with a friend and ordered a “parranda” which has 8 empanadas with 4 dipping sauces and plantain chips ($14?). I tried the pork, the brie and veggies, the eggplant and the tuna. The brie and veggies and the eggplant empanadas were the best, the other two were also good but nothing special. The sauces and the plantain chips added a great touch. It will be great if they had dessert empanadas. The service was attentive and quick and I think they have a lunch special of 3 empanadas and chips for $6.50 (?). I love empanadas and it’s good to have this option in Bethesda.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Flavor sensation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

You might think a few appateezers were a low-cal meal. Certainly not true of Panas. That's the main drawback of an otherwise great lunch place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“I give it a five star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I found this cool place by chance (as it is slightly, just slightly, off the maine grid) and boy, am I glad I found it! The staff was friendly and the ambience was special (great interiors and fantastic live music) and the best part were their empanadas and their sauces! Absolutely delicious!

Visited June 2012
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Great Food, Great Variety, Great Service, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had lunch at Panas in Bethesda Md with friends. While the menu is extensive and hard to decide on what to have, it seems all the choices are Excellent! We had chicken, veggies, ham, pork and cheese empanadas and LOVED all of them. Service was terrific. Prices very good and the food yummy. We'll go back again and again.

• Visited May 2012