“Best sandwich place in town, hands down” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 300 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American
Washington, D.C.
“Best sandwich place in town, hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Jetties is the bomb. If you ever have to take Foxhall road to cut from Georgetown to Bethesda, take the time to stop here for a sandwich.

With favorites like the Nobadeer - essentially a fresh-made day-after-Thanksgiving handcarved turkey, cranberry, stuffing sandwich - you'll thank yourself for it.

They don't come cheap, but they're well worth it.

My mouth is watering just thinking about how good the sandwiches are from this place.

Visited May 2012

San Diego, California
“Good sandwiches and ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

very good sandwiches and fresh made ice-cream. nice location with a lot of outdoor common seating near a fountain.

This is a check the box on a paper to say what you want in your sandwich style place, and the prices are not cheap ($28 for 2 people w/ soft drinks) but the food is good.

Visited July 2012
Dallas, Texas
“It's worth a shot...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I randomly found this spot next to another restaurant I frequent, but decided to try something a little different. It was not a disappointment. As a first time patron, the ordering system can be a little confusion. Just note: There is a small island located in front of the cashier. Pick up a sandwich slip. (Actually, there are 3 different slips - Sandwich, Salad, and Dessert? -- dont ask) Once you give your piece of paper to one of the staff, they will scream at you when its time for you to come pick up your sandwich. I thought it would be fun to write "Lady Gaga" as my name. That way it would confuse the rest of the patrons when Lady Gaga turned out to be a Ethiopian ordering a Cuban sandwich. LOL Next time I think I'm writing Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, or Prince Abu Dabi. YOLO!

the Cuban sandwich was huge and actually pretty delicious. The portion sizes are rather large fo ask for your order to go. That way you can rewrap it for later. it was just as good a few hours later from the fridge.

This location has a pretty cool outdoor area that's shared with a few other restaurants. It makes it nice for a business lunch because not everyone has to eat at the same place. Although, I will tell you that Jetties offers a good selection of standard and create-your-own choices.

They offer Cape Cod(R) potato chips. I've tried 3 different varieties and i just cant get into them. they are kettle cooked which makes them far crunchier than the average chip, and much oilier in my opinion. I would forego the chips and save room for a little ice cream afterwards.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York, New York, United States
“Really Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Went there twice for lunch and ordered (between us) four different sandwich & salad items. All of them were excellent and very generous in terms of portion size. Prices very reasonable. It's not the fanciest place, but if you're looking for good, fresh food made to order it's an excellent choice.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Don't eat dinner before 4:30 - and don't expect anything from staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We got a certifikid for this place, promising us a wonderful, healthy meal. Because my kids had a class, we arrived at 4:15 - and all of the 'good' dinner food was off limits. Yes, it was posted everywhere - but we were hopeful that since there was no way we could wait, that the staff would allow us some leeway. They were not only not compassionate, they were downright rude. No one who worked there cared if we ate there or not. They were blasting the radio and talking among themselves in the back, as if there were no customers at all.

I got a sandwich, which was fine but not great. My kids got some pretty awful food - the 'good' kids meals are only available after 4:30. My son got some kind of sandwich with a handful of croutons on the side, all served in a 3-sectioned plastic plate. Croutons? What happened to those healthy sides they advertised? Turns out, the 'good' side dishes and ice cream were only available after 4:30, too.

By the time we got our food it was 4:25 - only one person working, the rest goofing off in the back. And by 4:25, we just wanted to get out of there. We won't go back.

• Visited February 2012