“The kind of place I would visit once” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 5 Fun & Games in Bethesda
Bethesda, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
“The kind of place I would visit once”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went there with an out of town 3 year old grand daughter. She enjoyed herself. It is too expensive, and it makes no sense to charge for the person bringing the child. The adult is not using the equipment or participating in art activities.

Visited September 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
30 attraction reviews
“A fun little place with potential, a little on the pricy side.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My in-laws were in town, and they suggested we take my 3 year old here for some fun one afternoon. Overall I thought it was a cute little place, and had some imaginative details, but I think a pricing restructure is in order. I felt it was a little ridiculous that we put down $7 for each of us adults to just stand around. I understand that places like this don't come around very often, and it takes a lot of keep them from going under, but any place primary geared toward children that charged the same price for adults always irks me. I wouldn't have minded it as much if it were even a suggested donation for adults or something like that.

The DIY part of me was itching to fix a few of the little rooms up. A few small changes could really go a long way in making this place look a little more put together. There were lots of fun rooms and cute concepts, but a lot of the stuff was broken or worn out. This place has a lot of potential, and you can tell the heart is there, they probably are just lacking in funding. And of course a place filled with little kids every day is bound to have faster wear and tear.

The crafts were fun! We painted and played with stamps. They had very reasonably priced wooden toys or models that you could purchase and paint, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The Pizza restaurant was fun, and the mini grocery store was cute. We enjoyed petting the animals.

We stayed about 2 hours and felt we had adequately seen/done everything. Overall, it is cute but I had wished I had stayed home and just let the grandparents take my daughter. It got a bit crowded with three of us adults following around one child, and we could have saved $7 too. Parking wasn't a problem, we paid $2 at the local garage next door to the building.

Visited April 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
“Great for those rainy days and those that are too hot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recommend visiting during the week day as it is less crowded. The space is small and can quickly feel very cramped! I have one complaint, they charge for the adults as well. So this turns the outing into a rather expensive one quickly at 6 dollars a person. The price is for ages 0 to 99. There are many books all around to look at and buy, that is nice. I would probably buy them if I hadn't given all my pocket money at the door. :-)

The pet shop is my son's favorite and the staff is always very helpful with the kids holding them and petting them. It is a great experience for the little ones.

Visited November 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“mini city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It's $10-$12 per person, including adults. Cute little city in basement setting. set-up like a little city for children.

“Cool spot for our tots”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ok... I have a good and bad review. I was always told to start with bad news first, so here you go...let me start from the beginning...

I booked a day to have my daughter's bday party at the PLAY WITH ME PLAYSUEM in DC without personally visiting the spot myself. (the biggest mistake I could have made) It was recommended by a very close friend ( my daughter's Godmother) and I trusted her recommendation. $150 was stamped in ink!!! I then started to worry about spacing and how many kids should be invited...I then took a trip to DC to make a visit.

I hated... And I mean hated the DC site! The place was very unkept, unclean, and very disorganized. Staff did not seem to know if they were coming or going!!! I can say the party rooms were adorable, but still all the other rooms were not good at all. Leftover toys and food left in the rooms. Staff seemed to be texting on cell phones...kids (OF ALL AGES WERE RUNNING AROUND THE DAMN PLACE) with no parents around... I was at least pushed twice by 8 year old kids during my 15 minute visit!

Okay guys.. I hope I didn't scare u too much because this is the good part. I was so traumatized about the site, I immediately called about a refund ( which they don't give) I explained that I was very disappointed in the DC location and wanted to try Bethesda... I was pleasantly surprised of the difference of sites... The place was organized...well staffed... And clean. I was disappointed in the party room sizes and the lack of privacy, but u can't win them all... The rooms were small, but we gotta remember... It's for the little people... Not us...

For both locations, parking sucks. But u might do better at the Bethesda location. Hope this helps!