Well, as soon as I entered the place, i had this feeling that the visit was going to go downhill. Having visited several of the children's museums on the East Coast, here is a list of problems that I found:
1. Very small place. There were about 10 small rooms in all.
2. Not very clean. The pet area was pretty smelly and the few animals there did not seem comfortable in their little cages.
3. The whole place does not have adequate ventilation. There were only a few people (about 30) when I visited- but I can visualize the place getting stuffy pretty soon.
4. Very ordinary toys and materials. I felt like I had walked into someone's basement where their kids hang out. Nothing wrong with that besides the fact that the charge for the visit is $12 per person (I paid less with a coupon)
5. Wife said the restroom was very dirty.
The few staff at hand was polite and helpful. I am leery of parents who give good reviews based on how their kids enjoyed something. Small kids will generally enjoy anything that is colorful or moving or noisy, but that does not mean that the facility is good. I would rate even chuck-e-cheeses better than this. I won't be going back there, even for free. I can't imagine kids older than 5 wanting to stay for more than 30 mins here.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.