“A fun afternoon!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Annapolis, Maryland
“A fun afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very fun place for the kids to play! Colorful, creative, unique and enjoyable. My kids did a lot of the fun extra activities and I didn't have to spend a fortune to do it. I also got to sit down and play with my kids and see how they would run a pizza place or how they would shop in a market. We will be back!

Visited September 2012

17 attraction reviews
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Well, as soon as I entered the place, i had this feeling that the visit was going to go downhill. Having visited several of the children's museums on the East Coast, here is a list of problems that I found:
1. Very small place. There were about 10 small rooms in all.
2. Not very clean. The pet area was pretty smelly and the few animals there did not seem comfortable in their little cages.
3. The whole place does not have adequate ventilation. There were only a few people (about 30) when I visited- but I can visualize the place getting stuffy pretty soon.
4. Very ordinary toys and materials. I felt like I had walked into someone's basement where their kids hang out. Nothing wrong with that besides the fact that the charge for the visit is $12 per person (I paid less with a coupon)
5. Wife said the restroom was very dirty.

The few staff at hand was polite and helpful. I am leery of parents who give good reviews based on how their kids enjoyed something. Small kids will generally enjoy anything that is colorful or moving or noisy, but that does not mean that the facility is good. I would rate even chuck-e-cheeses better than this. I won't be going back there, even for free. I can't imagine kids older than 5 wanting to stay for more than 30 mins here.

Bethesda, Maryland
21 attraction reviews
“Fun for the kids on a rainy or too hot day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My son loves the pizza area. and the paint area, pet area, grocery area, sand area...

Visited March 2012
Sterling, Virginia
33 attraction reviews
“Very cute place for kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

We got the opportunity to visit the Playseum after we bought a coupon voucher that made it a great price for our family! Our kids were excited to visit, and on walking down the stairs, fell in love immediately with all of the book characters on the wall mural - soooo cute!! The staff was really nice, too, and went above and beyond what we normally find at a children's museum.

Our kids enjoyed all the different rooms, and easily could have spent hours there! I only wish we had allowed more time in our day for visiting!

Arlington, VA
37 attraction reviews
“Great indoor play place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My son loves this place. We live in Virginia so we can only make it a few times a month. He spends hours in the Dominos Pizza room taking my order on the computer and assembling and delivering countless pretend pizzas to me using the Domino's Pizza delivery car and putting the pretend pizzas thru the oven. He also loves the Safeway Grocery Store and the Bethesda Pet Shop, where kids can pet rabbits, frogs, a Chinese water dragon and other animals.

Fun place to spend a morning, afternoon (or in our case the entire day).

Visited August 2011