“Average Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3 Night Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
“Average Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

Stayed for 3 nights, family of four 2 kids 10 and 13. Hotel was average, really we only slept there. Front desk people are no help with tourist questions, the elevator is a Death trap, bathroom in our double bed room was very small no counter space at all. Shower controls very hard to manage goes from cold to hot, was not fun at all with kids. Air conditioning was very loud and no air in hall ways. Breakfast was OK nothing fancy, eating area very small. Charged me 12 dollars a day to park my car in there lot. Close to the Metro that was my selling point. Overall just OK

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

Several family members stayed here becuase we were all going to a funeral. Arrangements had been set up prior to arrival for all family members to stay at a special rate! Ha, special rate was more than the rate in the book.
Quoted one price over phone and told something else upon arrival. Desk clerk said,"If you want to stay here,then that's the price" He said this knowing we were all on our way to a 12 year old relatives funeral. I went out to car and showed him my confirmation number to which he replied, "Well, the guy who told you this made a mistake" Finally, he agreed to confirmed priced.
Two girls behind the counter smirked and laughed through the whole thing.
Arrived at 2:58 and girl at desk told us, check in isn't until 3. They made us wait the two minutes until the lobby clock said 3!!! Again, knowing we had a funeral to get to!
I had children with me and was promised adjoining rooms and they said none were available. When my sister checked in they gave her adjoining rooms but overcharged her for them. She was then told they would give her the quoted rate (after a long arguement)as long as she didn't show anyone her room.

The soap and moisterizer were already used in the room. Small rooms, noisy hallways, noisy air conditioning unit that is old and big.
Had to call 3 times for a crib. First time the maid came in with one washcloth and I told her I called for a crib. Then she never came back. I had to call again.
This was a terrible experience and I would rather sleep in my car than stay here again.
I could not believe how rude and snotty the front desk folks were.

Stayed May 2006
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2005

May 17, 2005 - booked single room at $155 and got a $49 motor court type room in exchange. The room was very small (described on web site as "European style") with poor lighting, paint peeling off walls and ceiling (roof water damage no doubt), unstable water temperature -repeating scalding hot to freezing cold temperature cycles, and unusable wireless Internet access. (Hotel even supplied a test receiver that was no better than my wireless card.) There was a slight wireless signal throughout the hotel area, but not enough signal to maintain connection. The courtyard and lobby look fine, but I'd ask to see your room before staying here. Black's Restaurant behind hotel is a good spot for lunch or dinner. Hotel is about 2 blocks from Metro station for easy DC area travel.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

I have seen some reviews in which a guest, having a combination of bad luck and unfortunate happenstance, has a bad experience and then vents through a bad review of the hotel. Sometimes a great staff and a reasonable price makes up for a below average property and sometimes a nice hotel makes up for a snippity staff. The most important thing is that a hotel does not misrepresent themselves and surprise you with lessser accomadations. I thought cometition had rendered this sort of practice obsolete, but someone forget to tell The Bethesda Court Hotel. The brochure and promotional signs outside the hotel are completely misleading and even untruthful. This in NOT a luxery hotel. It is a motor court with a bad facelift that basically includes a little marble here and there and ridiculous claims such as "european bed linens" and "top pillows".
It is a complete and utterly transparent front. Plus, as is also a dated practice, they seem to employ the bait and switch practice when quoting and processing your bills. For $79.99 it is worth it. But if you are a business traveller, do not be fooled into staying here for a cent more. Look other chain hotels in the area where you know they have company wide standards.

9 Thank john c
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2004

This is a very very nice hotel. Of all of the hotel along Wisconsin Ave, this is by far and away the nicest. The room was exceptionally clean and the appointments very much above par. The continental breakfast was terrific. Absolutely recommend!!

3 Thank drbdl
Reading, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2004

My husband had business in Bethesda and we stayed in the hotel for two nights. We requested a non-smoking room but it had a faint odor of smoke. I called the front desk and they were very nice. Not only did they move our room, they upgraded us to one of the European suites. It was a lovely hotel, incredibly convenient to the Metro station, and provided a good continental breakfast. A great stay!

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business
2 Thank b0nnie11
Carlsbad, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2004

We stayed at the Bethesda Court Hotel in one of its deluxe rooms last week and thought it was a good deal for the money (I had gotten rates at numerous other places). The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning was old fashioned and a little noisy but we regarded it as "white noise," and it didn't bother us. The bathroom could have been larger but the shower was good (even spray, plenty of pressure, and consistent water temperature).
We had a room facing the inner courtyard and think that is preferable because it was quiet, and none of the rooms could have a good view. The hotel is only three stories tall and is in the middle of a commercial area.
The continental breakfast was fine and the cookies in the evening were an unusual treat.
The hotel is only four blocks from the subway and is surrounded by good restaurants.
The major concern was that when we got there, we were told the room rate would be higher than I had been quoted on the phone and that there would be a parking fee. However, the hotel agreed to honor what I had been told, even though I had no written proof and the reservation clerk to whom I had spoken no longer worked there.
All in all, we liked the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2004
5 Thank MarkCC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 250 reviews

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!