“Extremely professionsal, friendly and helpful!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Bethesda, Md.
“Extremely professionsal, friendly and helpful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

My husband and I were temporarily relocated to this hotel because the apartment building we live in one block away lost power for 3 days. The staff was so welcoming and assisted us in registering swiftly and professionally in this rather inconvenient time.
They also offer a complimentary breakfast that had a wide variety of choices. It was fresh and delicious. The manager to the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff were so friendly and accomidating. One day after checking out I realized in a panic that I may have left my husbands phone charger in the hotel room. I sprinted back over to the hotel and much to my relief they had bagged it and labeled and dated the bag so I was able to retrieve it right away. What a relief!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

Don't let this "European" style hotel fool you. It's a cheap imitation. First, the showerhead didn't work. And then when the water finally flowed, it took about 5 minutes before any hot water appeared. And then when it did, it would come and go - hot, then cold, then back again. The lighting was awful, and the rug had dangerous folds in it. The pillows were razor thin. The breakfast is ok, with dry cereal, yoghurt and apples, but you might as well book a Hampton Inn, which has a much better selection, including hot options. Sadly, the chain hotels in Bethesda are a better choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

I spent six nights at this terrific hotel. I found the staff was helpful and courteous.
I had a problem with the heating unit and immediately they switch me to another room.
The Breakfast Room was never out of items which included all the basics coffee, buns, cereal, toast, pints of milk plus shelled hard boiled eggs.
You might want to skip the elevator , walking is faster.
The beds are very comfortable, I seep through the night.
The only difference from the real fancy hotels, I find is the price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed at the Bethesda Court Inn during a business trip because it was the most affordable in town. The staff there is increadibly kind - they give out great chocolates, bottled water and the kitchen with breakfast food is always open. They were really helpful and the nicest staff of any hotel I've stayed in!

Definitely recommened, it's a great place for the price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

My wife and I stayed at The Bethesda Court for a week while we were site seeing in D.C. and we were very happy with our choice.
The room was a little smaller then I expected but it was very clean and well maintained. The bathroom only has a shower no bathtub and the shower is very small, but the cleanliness made up for the size.
We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. One day we mentioned to the front desk clerk that we wanted to take a night bus tour of D.C. and he looked up the site for us and found that that night was sold out and made reservations for us for the next night.
We liked the location. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the Metro red line station, which we used every day to get around. The only time we drove was to go to Mount Vernon, which is about a 45 minute drive from the hotel.
The hotel serves a free continental breakfast in a little room off the lobby every morning, which was fine for my wife and I, but if your looking for something more, a pancake house is next door and a 24 hour diner is around the corner.
As far as restaurants for dinner, what ever you want is within walking distance. French,Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Indian, steak house,hamburgers, you name it it's close by.
We don't visit the area very often but next time we go back we would stay at Bethesda Court again

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Great rooms that are equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine, flat screen tv, and tanning light in the bathroom! Excellent front desk service. 24 Hour Free Laptop Usage w/ Internet Access in the lobby. Beautiful outside courtyard. Up to date workout room. Free breakfast and free rides to desitnations within two miles! The price for all of this is totally amazing and totally affordable. My only complaint is the elevator taking too long. I used the stairwell instead.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

We stayed at the Bethesda Court for 2 nights prior to my husband being admitted for chemo up at NIH. We got a pretty good patient rate and figured for 2 nights we could deal.

First complaint....we booked a King room and they gave us a double room. Not a HUGE deal and I didn't even say anything because we were only going to be there for 2 nights.

The elevator goes at a freaking snail pace!!!! For going 3 flights it sure is super slow!!!!! It is quite annoying really.

We stayed on the 3rd floor and I'm not sure if it was just our floor or not but the entire hallway was just HOT. Just awful and disgusting to be hot like that when you are indoors at a hotel.

Now onto our room. Our room was nice, nothing really special about it. The A/C unit is tricky it is either freezing cold or its HOT in the room. There is no somewhat cool to set it to. I tried putting it around 7 in hopes that it would be cool and it was closer to warm and made the room super stuffy. The water in the shower is also tricky with temperature in order to make it not scalding hot you have to slightly turn the cold side, if you turn the cold too much the water will be FREEZING. It's such a pain!!!!

I did like how the NIH shuttle came regularly to the hotel, made it easy to just hop on that instead of taking the metro (even though I'm comfortable doing that if I need to).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!