“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Reading, PA
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2004

My husband had business in Bethesda and we stayed in the hotel for two nights. We requested a non-smoking room but it had a faint odor of smoke. I called the front desk and they were very nice. Not only did they move our room, they upgraded us to one of the European suites. It was a lovely hotel, incredibly convenient to the Metro station, and provided a good continental breakfast. A great stay!

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Carlsbad, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2004

We stayed at the Bethesda Court Hotel in one of its deluxe rooms last week and thought it was a good deal for the money (I had gotten rates at numerous other places). The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning was old fashioned and a little noisy but we regarded it as "white noise," and it didn't bother us. The bathroom could have been larger but the shower was good (even spray, plenty of pressure, and consistent water temperature).
We had a room facing the inner courtyard and think that is preferable because it was quiet, and none of the rooms could have a good view. The hotel is only three stories tall and is in the middle of a commercial area.
The continental breakfast was fine and the cookies in the evening were an unusual treat.
The hotel is only four blocks from the subway and is surrounded by good restaurants.
The major concern was that when we got there, we were told the room rate would be higher than I had been quoted on the phone and that there would be a parking fee. However, the hotel agreed to honor what I had been told, even though I had no written proof and the reservation clerk to whom I had spoken no longer worked there.
All in all, we liked the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2004
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2004

Room was nice, but amenites were by no means above adequate. Continental breakfast consisted of cereal, stale pastries, oj and coffee in a VERY small room -- too small for a 75-room hotel. Often ran out of food. Surly staff. Do not necessarily get room asked for. In addition, heard staff ask to have room aired out so it could be given to a "Non-smoking" guest request.

• Stayed May 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2004

Bethesda Court has a convenient location -- 2 blocks from Metro, safe area with many restaurants in walking distance. Hotel is very clean and nicely appointed. Continental breakfast was included though seating is limited. Pleasant courtyard (you can bring your breakfast out) though again not enough places to sit! We got an excellent deal here from a package advertised on their website though our bill was not correct on checkout. Luckily, I had copies of our reservation and the package details and our deal was honored with no hassle. Should have been right the first time, though!!! Staff was pleasant and courteous. Their cable TV is very limited -- only about 10 channels -- which was a minor inconvenience. We would stay there again.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2004

When I made my reservation on the phone they told me the room would be $79.99After we stayed, the next day I got the bill and signed it for $79.99Now, a week later, I notice that I was charged $99.09When I called them for an explanation they said they tacked on an extra $8.50 for overnight parking and $1.00 for a safe in the room that we didn't even use, plus state and local tax.Now I have to find that reciept to prove that they screwed me.Don't let them screw you. Do not stay here!

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bethesda Court Hotel

Address: 7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)
Location: United States > Maryland > Bethesda
#1 Best Value Hotel in Bethesda
#3 Business Hotel in Bethesda
#4 Family Hotel in Bethesda
Hotel Class:3 star — Bethesda Court Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Fastbooking, Venere and Otel so you can book your Bethesda Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Golden Tulip Bethesda
Bethesda Golden Tulip

If you own or manage Bethesda Court Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.