“Great place for wedding guests” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
ohirishchk
“Great place for wedding guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

We got married in Bethesda in May and booked a block of rooms at Bethesda court for our guests.We could not have been happier with our decision.We had a get together in the courtyard the night before and our friends had a great time.They have a honeymoon suite that opens right onto the courtyard that is great for gatherings.The staff was very helpful and I highly reccommend it.

• Liked — That it was an easy place for lots of people to get together in the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

This is an old motel that has been nicely renovated, is close to the metro and in walking distance of some nice restaurants. However, close attention should be paid to the little things other reviewers has posted, especially if your expectations for service are high. Here are our main complaints:
1) the water in the bathrooms is wacky! One minute way too hot, the next way too cold. We finally figured out that if we barely had the cold on, it seemed to work best. Other family members staying at the hotel on another floor had the same problem.
2) our room key had to be reconfigured every morning of a five night stay! We were locked out every morning and had to go down to have the key cards rekeyed daily.
3) our last morning there they ran out of coffee cream at 8:00am. When we let the staff know they needed to replenish it we were told they were out, tough luck. We gave them directions to the grocery store down the street! Come on, if you're going to include coffee and continental breakfast as an amenity shouldn't you be prepared to accommodate guests with the basics?

• Liked — the courtyard
  • Disliked — the small bathroom and unpredictable water temperature in shower
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

My one night in this hotel became a night spent almost exclusively in the lobby. The desk manager could not make a keycard and could find no master key to let me into a room. After wringing his hands until 2 a.m. he phoned the general manager who finally arrived at 5 a.m. to open a room. Upon checkout, 2 hours later, I was told my room would be "complimentary." There is absolutely no excuse for a hotel to be run this way.
There are few options in Bethesda, but I'll certainly take my business elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Huddersfield, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

We stayed at the Bethesda Court for 3 nights whilst visiting DC for a vacation. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The king bed was one of the comfiest we have ever slept on. The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was help yourself with plenty of everything provided.

Bethesda itself is a great location for visiting DC. The Bethesda station on the Washington Metro is 2 blocks south and the Metro itself is fast, clean, safe and inexpensive. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes from Bethesda to the DC downtown stations.

Bethesda is a diners paradise with around 50 restaurants offering food from just about every possible ethnic speciality within 5 minutes' walk from the Bethesda Court Hotel.

All in all a great stay. We will definitely return next time we vacation in DC.

• Liked — Clean and comfy and reasonably priced for the DC Metro area
  • Disliked — We have no quibbles whatsover
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Plainfield, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

We spent 8 nights at this hotel while visiting Washington, D.C. recently. I originally searched for two days on the internet to find a place that I felt suitable and one that wasn't going to break the bank and this was it. Trip Advisor was extremely helpful in weeding out places and making my final decision. The hotel is only 2 blocks from the Metro, which we used every day to get to Washington. The Metro was clean and safe and only took 20 minutes to get to Union Station. The neighborhood the hotel is located appears very safe and clean. The room was tastefully decorated. The towels and linens were absolutely out of this world and probably the nicest I have ever experienced in any hotel. The bathroom had a pedestal sink which was very appropriate for the historic area, but it was difficult to place a curling iron on it while it heated up. The water adjustment in the shower was a little tricky and it took a couple days to figure the right combination out, but once we did there were no problems. The room was appointed with free internet service and a mini-fridge. There was also an in room safe and an area opposite the bathroom with a coffeepot and counter/mirror, although there was no available plug in that area to plug in my curling iron. The bathroom floor looked like marble and was a little elevated. The first day I stubbed my toe at the entrance, but after that I never had a problem again. The first couple days we were there it was unseasonably hot (98 degrees), but the room a/c unit worked extremely well. The day before we left, we arrived back at our room to find that they had replaced the TV with a new flat screen which was very nice. Overall, I think this was a very good value for the money. Hotels near Washington are very expensive and we were able to secure this one in a modest price range while not sacrificing quality. We even got a $200 discount when we pre-paid our stay in advance on the internet. We did encounter one problem and that was they had no record of our pre-payment when we arrived, but they had the room rate right (reflecting the discount). This took a couple days to straighten out, but it was handled to our satisfaction. All in all I was extremely pleased with this hotel and would stay there again if I was back in that area.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I decided to stay at this hotel because they offered a discounted rate for attendees of a seminar I was going to. I booked it sight unseen. I arrived and they had my reservation for the wrong night, but they accomodated me anyway. If you have a lot of luggage or more than one person in your party, you may need to take a few trips up the very small elevator. There is no room service, but they did have chips and candy bars for sale at the front desk. There is a soda vending machine on the 2nd floor.
The highlight of my trip, however, was the shower that did not work. After calling the front desk, they never came to repair it, but did reduce my bill by $10.00.

Stayed July 2008
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

I booked hotel through website. Room was very comfortable with a small refrigerator a plus. No street noise especially in a 2 story building right off the main street. My wife found the bed and pillows very confortable and that is a big compliment indeed. Complimentary breakfast and computer in the lobby made checking e-mail a breeze. Travel to Washington capital area was so simple and convenient and returning in the evening the area restaurants are plentiful for all tastes and budgets. Enjoyed 3 night weekend stay.

• Liked — Convenience and cleanlines
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!