“Perfect location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Bisbee
“Perfect location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

This little boutique hotel is close to the Metro, dining and a perfect place to stay. Staff is attentive and nice, outdoor patio is lovely with a paper and coffee in the morning. Well, in the summer at least. The GM Brandon was a true customer service oriented man. Enjoyed all my dealings with him. Recommend this place highly.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Recently I was in the USA for treatment and needed a nice clean hotel to stay. I was told about the Bethesda Court Hotel and was impressed with the courteous and friendly service from management and staff. Not to mention the cleanliness of the rooms. The hotel is located in the heart of Bethesda On Wisconsin Ave. It is close to the shopping areas and also the Metro and hospital. Also many resturants to choose from, sedan service is available upon request within a two mile radius. Rooms are reasonably priced to fit everyone's budget, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

D Hodge.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I enjoyed staying in the Bethesda Court Hotel very much because its workers and managers went out of their way to make my stay an enjoyable and a comfortable one. Any and all help that I needed – they did their best to assist me.
Meir Kadec

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to their great looking garden.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was a bit leery about this hotel from some of the other reviews previously posted here, but decided to give it a whirl anyway. I attempted to use their online system which transfers you to an outside company (red-flag #1). I started to get a decent, but not good rate, but was suspicious of the outside company; so I called the hotel directly to verify. The clerk told me that the website was the correct one, but I asked him for a direct quote instead which was even higher than the quote mentioned on line. He then stated that if the online amount was smaller, I should use that instead. I then repeated my on-line request when another smaller, very good quote, directly from their own site popped up, and I grabbed that. I received a confirmation number with my dates and great rates, and left my home to go to the airport. Lo and behold, when I later had a chance to check my e-mail; I had a cancelled reservation notice from the manager that the reservation was NOT valid because the price was too cheap! Since I was staying at the hotel to visit a sick relative at the Walter-Reed Medical Center, I was extremely upset, wrote back to plead my case; but the manager would not budge. BUT, later, on the night of my planned check-in; I received a phone call at 12:08am from the night auditor (who was even laughing at me) and asking when I was going to show up since he was going to treat me as a no-show and charge my credit card! Being that I had spent all day at the hospital, I was asleep. I explained what had happened, he gave a lame apology, and he said he would leave a note with the manager. I stopped in the hotel the next day to speak with the manager, and he did state that they did not charge me, and he said they have had regular problems with the reservation site, but really was not very sincere in his manner. So I never did stay at the hotel (I chose to stay at the Hyatt instead), and cannot comment on the actual rooms, but when I walked into the lobby, the one area they were running very loud machinery and appeared to be either cleaning or renovating something. So take your chances, but I probably would not!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Made my reservation after reading other reviews and was not disappointed.

Called and spoke to Brandon (the manager) to set up our visit and he was great then and also in-person. The staff was superb, especially Monica at the front desk who was great source of advice for local restaurants, etc.

The rooms were very nicely appointed, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Although not large, they were more than fine for two people.

The entire place was immaculately clean and very inviting. The lobby and breakfast room (somewhat small but very well stocked during breakfast hours) were fine as well.

We will visit this hotel again and would highly recommend the Bethesda Court Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Basically a refurbished motel. The worst part for us was actually their choice of air freshener. After arriving, I went to the desk to see if they had some febreeze, the nice main pulled out a spray bottle whose contents smelled just like the room. Lol. Fortunately there's a cvs right down the street and we bought some febreeze and that solved the problem. Otherwise everything was fine. Lastly, if you are a real high-maintenance need a super clean hotel room freak, you may want to avoid as the furnishings and carpets are clean, but definitely dated and dark.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had to visit a loved one in the army hospital down the street from this hotel. This hotel was very close to the hospital, had parking for $15 a night, and was very clean. The room I had was small with a king size bed. It had a small refridgerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The bathroom was very clean, probably could have been updated but I can not complain about the cleanliness. The bed was super comfortable! The staff I encountered were nice and helpful. Check in and check out was very quick. I would highly recommend this hotel. If you are traveling with more than 2 people you may want to get a room with double beds because a standard sized king is too small to put a cot in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!