“Great Value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Plainfield, IL
“Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

We spent 8 nights at this hotel while visiting Washington, D.C. recently. I originally searched for two days on the internet to find a place that I felt suitable and one that wasn't going to break the bank and this was it. Trip Advisor was extremely helpful in weeding out places and making my final decision. The hotel is only 2 blocks from the Metro, which we used every day to get to Washington. The Metro was clean and safe and only took 20 minutes to get to Union Station. The neighborhood the hotel is located appears very safe and clean. The room was tastefully decorated. The towels and linens were absolutely out of this world and probably the nicest I have ever experienced in any hotel. The bathroom had a pedestal sink which was very appropriate for the historic area, but it was difficult to place a curling iron on it while it heated up. The water adjustment in the shower was a little tricky and it took a couple days to figure the right combination out, but once we did there were no problems. The room was appointed with free internet service and a mini-fridge. There was also an in room safe and an area opposite the bathroom with a coffeepot and counter/mirror, although there was no available plug in that area to plug in my curling iron. The bathroom floor looked like marble and was a little elevated. The first day I stubbed my toe at the entrance, but after that I never had a problem again. The first couple days we were there it was unseasonably hot (98 degrees), but the room a/c unit worked extremely well. The day before we left, we arrived back at our room to find that they had replaced the TV with a new flat screen which was very nice. Overall, I think this was a very good value for the money. Hotels near Washington are very expensive and we were able to secure this one in a modest price range while not sacrificing quality. We even got a $200 discount when we pre-paid our stay in advance on the internet. We did encounter one problem and that was they had no record of our pre-payment when we arrived, but they had the room rate right (reflecting the discount). This took a couple days to straighten out, but it was handled to our satisfaction. All in all I was extremely pleased with this hotel and would stay there again if I was back in that area.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I decided to stay at this hotel because they offered a discounted rate for attendees of a seminar I was going to. I booked it sight unseen. I arrived and they had my reservation for the wrong night, but they accomodated me anyway. If you have a lot of luggage or more than one person in your party, you may need to take a few trips up the very small elevator. There is no room service, but they did have chips and candy bars for sale at the front desk. There is a soda vending machine on the 2nd floor.
The highlight of my trip, however, was the shower that did not work. After calling the front desk, they never came to repair it, but did reduce my bill by $10.00.

Stayed July 2008
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

I booked hotel through website. Room was very comfortable with a small refrigerator a plus. No street noise especially in a 2 story building right off the main street. My wife found the bed and pillows very confortable and that is a big compliment indeed. Complimentary breakfast and computer in the lobby made checking e-mail a breeze. Travel to Washington capital area was so simple and convenient and returning in the evening the area restaurants are plentiful for all tastes and budgets. Enjoyed 3 night weekend stay.

• Liked — Convenience and cleanlines
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Eastern USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

Just got back from a 3-day Memorial Day weekend stay. Very reasonable (for inside-the-beltway) rates, with high quality off street parking included. "Executive breakfast" (also included) - yogurt, pastries, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, instant oatmeal, coffee, juice, tea. Beautiful 3,000+ square foot interior garden to have breakfast in. Small, but above average room (had refrigerator); nice decor. ONLY 2 blocks from Bethesda Metro station.

• Liked — closeness to Metro
  • Disliked — small elevator
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Marlton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

I spent sometime at this hotel on business. it is comfortable and nothing fancy. It is importantly clean and very safe. The area around the hotel is filled with tons of restaurants and shops..It would take you weeks to eat all the rest here.

Continental breakfast is kind of poor but there is a good diner on the corner as well as a *bucks.

Overall; I am happy as a busines stay but maybe not for holiday.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

A good value for Bethesda. Nice clean room and accommodating staff
made this a very good choice for Bethesda. The Metro (DC subway)is a three block walk from the hotel and there are many, many great restaurants near by. Know there is a $12 daily parking fee at the hotel, which I was not made aware of when the reservation was made. I did alert management regarding the parking fee and they kindly removed the fee from my bill. I "ll come back to this facility with family to sight see later this year.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — to many extra fees not mentioned during reservation i.e. parking and local taxes
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

Located about 2 blocks north of the Bethesda metro station, this hotel was about 1/2 or 1/3 the price of other hotels I checked in the Friendship Heights and Bethesda area. We paid $139/night for a room with 2 beds, small refrigerator and coffee. The room was small, but well appointed and the beds were comfortable. Everything was very clean and the bathrooms were neat and nice.

Free breakfast in the mornings and coffee and cookies at night.

Front desk staff varied from reasonably nice to somewhat helpful to downright rude.

Lots of restaurants withing walking distance and even some that deliver food.

Well worth the extra metro stops for the savings!!

• Liked — Comfortable rooms and good price
  • Disliked — front desk staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!