“Awesome Staycation!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Bethesda, Maryland
“Awesome Staycation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

With a busy work schedule & kids, my husband & I sometimes need a quick get away. We periodically get a chance to get away but have to stay locally due to time constraints, thus the "Staycation" & THANKGOODNESS for the BETHESDA COURT HOTEL!!!! It is located a couple blocks from our neighborhood & within walking distance to great restaurants, retail shopping & bars. We are always greeted by VERY FRIENDLY staff, a WELL KEPT lobby & CLEAN rooms! Whether you are from the area or out of town I would HIGHLY recommend (AND HAVE) this AWESOME hotel!!!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms that overlook the back garden or downtown Bethesda:)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Forest Hills, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel is located a few blocks from the Bethesda metro station and is in walking distance of many good restaurants. The price is OK for the area. The hotel itself is a bit charmless, and my room, near Wisconsin Ave and the ice machine, was noisy. TV is analog only. The fitness room is small but the equipment is good. The continental breakfast is OK, but the dining area is extremely cramped. Luckily the Tastee Diner is around the corner. I would stay here again, but I wouldn't love it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I received the most accommodating service I have ever experienced! I spoke with Brandon at least 5 times, making changes, etc. He was always patient and helpful All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, the gym was clean with good machines, and the hotel is located close to the metro station, so transportation to DC was simple! The breakfasts were also very good and accommodated my food issues very well. I also thought the bed was very comfortable -I always have a tough time sleeping in a hotel but I slept well. Wifi is slow in the room - but free - fast in the lobby. I will definitely stay there again - great location and more to do!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am a US Army soldier who flew from Italy to seek cardiology treatment and cancer evaluation at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Bethesda. Since I did not get lodging at the Navy Lodger, WRNMMC, I went from nearby hotel to hotel get a best rate. I have per diem rate of 226USD a night for lodging. That is say I could stay at military rate at any hotel and pay up to 226USD a night in around Bethesda, MD area. Mr. Brandon, Front Office Manager BCH, gave me a 'long stay' rate I could not believe my eyes. He gave me a more than 60 per cent discount of my per diem lodging rate. During my research for best rate, the next best hotel wanted twice the rate that Bethesda Court Hotel (BCH) charging me now. He saved a lot of money for the military/US Government..I stayed here for two months.

I would like to mention this especially too. At BCH, they provide a FREE continental breakfast. The best kept secret is banana, apple, yogurt, orange juice, cranberry juice, cereal, milk, tea etc are available, FREE of CHARGE 24/7, seven days a week!!! The other secret is 'FREE' Sedan Service is available up to two miles from the hotel. This hotel is centrally located/ so close to WRNMMC and the shopping and restaurant area, not forgetting Metro train within a couple of blocks

The hotel staff; from Front Desk to Janitorial staff are very courteous and helpful. I checked how responsive the 'Front Office' staff by asking for 'alarm call/wake up call'. I NEVER MISSED a hospital appointment because telephone wake up call did not ring!!!

In nutshell, if you want the best rates that may surprise you CALL MR. BRANDON!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
NJ, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Since I reviewed this hotel in Nov 2012, I stayed 5 nights in July '13 and another 5 nights in Nov '13. I think I like staying here more each time. It is so comforting to stay here. You feel like you are visiting your Grandmother's. You don't feel like a number the way that you do at a larger chain. The staff is always friendly. All the staff says Hi as they pass you in the hall. I have never had a problem with the beds. I always get a great night's sleep here. The heater is loud so I cranked it up a little before bed and then turned it off during the night. It's not a 5-star hotel but you don't pay 5-star prices either. I think it's a good value for what you get. They often have specials on their website so you don't have to pay a fortune to be in an expensive area. You can't beat the short walk to the Metro & all the fabulous restaurants nearby. I think it's a lovely hotel. I will definitely stay here next time I am in the DC area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I travel to NIH in Bethesda, Md. frequently for my cancer treatments. I always stay at the Bethesda Court Hotel. While there, there are three employees who make it feel like home. Their names are: Paula Riva, Reina Sorto and Sandy Portillo. They make sure that my stay there is very comfortable and manageable. They also make sure that I have a comfortable room. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while in Bethesda.
Celeste Mallen

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at the Bethesda Court Hotel for 3 nights and it was the best hotel stay I've ever experienced. The care and attention the staff gives to their guests is impeccable. The stay comes with a continental breakfast but because of the location of the hotel, it isn't difficult to find a great place to dine in Bethesda. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. No regrets!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!