“Throw back charm to the days of the motor lodge” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Tennessee
“Throw back charm to the days of the motor lodge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here because the girlfriend’s parents had a groupon and we decided to stay at the same place. First off, the location is pretty good. Not right in the heart of downtown but only a few blocks from great shopping and dining options. The nearest metro station is only 3-4 blocks away. The rooms were reasonable. This is not a newer, business friendly location. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom small (but functional), flat screen tv, free wi-fi (unusual anymore), and a decent continental breakfast. The front desk was helpful with directions and suggestions. There is onsite parking for an extra charge. I thought the price was quite reasonable for the location and the amenities. The building harkens back to the older-style motor court..pretty nostalgic for those of us who might have stayed in one years ago. If I find myself in that neck of the woods again I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The staff were extremely hospitable and it was more like a family atmosphere than the professional fake that I have received at some hotels. The room was clean and smelled new. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable that I have experienced in a hotel. The breakfast had more choices than I expected. The courtyard and boutique feel of the hotel made it the best kept secret in Bethesda. If I return to the area I will only consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard entrance
Minnetrista, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last few years. Always, I find it comfortable, clean, quiet. The breakfast is good and offers a number of options. But i would have to say that the best part of this lodging is the kindness and hospitality offered by Brandon Butler and his staff. Pretty much, "ask and you will receive" from the complimentary limo to local addresses as I was recovering from an illness to the complimentary bottled water to assistance with any manner of questions. A group of us return twice a year and I have always heard positive comments from all.

Barbara Hosmer Minnetrista Mn.

The City of Champions
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed 4 days; room 107 across from the courtyard. The courtyard was beautiful, well maintained and several of the guests enjoyed their breakfast there. It was easy to park at the hotel. Most of the time, however, we walked to the subway which was very convenient. Nice area with lots of restaurants. The staff here could not have been more helpful. They are willing to help answer any questions and provided whatever we needed. I cannot say enough about their service. Top notch and very friendly. The room was fine for our needs. K cups for coffee a nice touch. Bed comfortable, bathroom clean, tv great. We used the air conditioning and although it was old, it worked fine. The price was right and all, in all, we had an enjoyable stay. We would return again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
vauxhall, nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our stay was ok. The rooms were small, but clean and had a clean smell. The mattress are too soft for me - I had a back ache in the mornings. The hallways had a musty smell - the carpet needs to be shampooed. The breakfast room is too small - cant manuver if all the tables were filled. B'fast hours should be extended, its only 3 hours during the week and 4 on wknds. Parking is just horrible, there is no where to park when checking in. The staff is great, especially Sam (thank you for our chocolates, we love you!). The courtesy limo service (our driver was David) is only up to 3 miles, very appreciative, but it should be extended to at least 5, but a great service (thank you David, it was a pleasure riding with you!). The courtyard is cozy. The elevator is very small - take the stairs, if you can. Overall, we probably will not be returning.

Room Tip: Use the pamphlet that has the restaurants in the area and room further from the elevator are the qui...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Smyrna, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Maybe I caught this hotel on a bad week or maybe this hotel was wrong for me. That's being nice as I can be because I am comparing this hotel to another I became very fond of and it's not right to compare the two. But this what we do as humans, remember the past to judge the future. the motel was cold, and I caught one there, haven't had a cold in years until then, no extra blankets in the room as this trip was back in Feb., no real view, had to pay to park, elevators was cramped, breakfast room is a closet with no real breakfast foods. The only saving grace to this place and to its credit was the desk personnel. I have stayed at other hotels in the area so maybe a little over critical of the Court Hotel, by comparison, then again Hell No. It was just that bad. And the heating and air units were old and outdated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Princeton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with our recent stay at the Bethesda Court Hotel. Although the hotel itself is a little bit worn, the pleasant, helpful staff more than made up for whatever was lacking. The hotel was very clean, incluiding the linens and bedspreads. We appreciated the free transportation to our local medical appointment and easy access to computers in the lobby. The hotel is very close to a metro stop for those desiring to travel into D.C. However, we would have liked to see a greater selection of breakfast food offered at the free continental breakfast. All in all, we would definitely return to this hotel for business or pleasure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!