“Not a good trip” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Smyrna, Delaware
“Not a good trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Maybe I caught this hotel on a bad week or maybe this hotel was wrong for me. That's being nice as I can be because I am comparing this hotel to another I became very fond of and it's not right to compare the two. But this what we do as humans, remember the past to judge the future. the motel was cold, and I caught one there, haven't had a cold in years until then, no extra blankets in the room as this trip was back in Feb., no real view, had to pay to park, elevators was cramped, breakfast room is a closet with no real breakfast foods. The only saving grace to this place and to its credit was the desk personnel. I have stayed at other hotels in the area so maybe a little over critical of the Court Hotel, by comparison, then again Hell No. It was just that bad. And the heating and air units were old and outdated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with our recent stay at the Bethesda Court Hotel. Although the hotel itself is a little bit worn, the pleasant, helpful staff more than made up for whatever was lacking. The hotel was very clean, incluiding the linens and bedspreads. We appreciated the free transportation to our local medical appointment and easy access to computers in the lobby. The hotel is very close to a metro stop for those desiring to travel into D.C. However, we would have liked to see a greater selection of breakfast food offered at the free continental breakfast. All in all, we would definitely return to this hotel for business or pleasure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The good: Very clean room. Liked the frig, microwave and big screen TV. A must now a days. The bathroom was very clean. Enjoyed the continental breakfast and the ability to print off my airplane boarding pass. Appreciate the free transportation from NIH to the hotel!

The bad ...but fixable: Small breakfast area. Need to expand this area. Noisy heater in room. I remember this from a few years ago too. Kept on going on and off all night long not allowing for a good night's sleep. Woke up with a scratchy throat. The shower rod can be replaced with one that allows more room to take a shower. The curtain kept on sticking to me. No restaurant. Should have a list of places that deliver to the hotel. Pizza?.

With this being said, this is what you call critiquing. This is a good place to stay for the money. I know I sound critical with the bad but if they were fixed... I would give a 5 star rating!

• Stayed March 2013
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Third time staying at Bethesda Court and it's still fabulous. Staff is kind and friendly, rooms very clean and cozy. Monica really helped me out when we checked in. I should have but didn't call ahead for a hand held shower which would make life a little easier after a recent surgery. When I mentioned this to Monica at checkin, she immediately had a maintenance gentlemen come up to our room and switch out the showerhead. I could have done without and I told Monica this but, she still went out of her way to accommodate which meant so much to me. Breakfast is still very nice. There's a nice variety of fruit and other healthy options as well as cereal, bagels, English muffins, pastries, juices, milk, etc. Just perfect to start the day. Housekeeping also went above and beyond this trip. The room looked fresh and crisp each day upon our return. Hopefully there will be more trips back to the area and for us staying at Bethesda Court is a given!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here on a girls' weekend in Bethesda...what a great location! There were many delicious restaurants to walk to, which I didn't expect. The room was small, but clean and quiet. No street noise or people noise. The front desk was helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Minotola, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was out there with my friend Jaime C. who also left a review and I echo everything she said. Cozy hotel and everyone was so friendly and ready to help with anything. I would absolutely stay again and would recommend everyone visiting this area stay at Bethesda Court Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have never been stayed at Bethesda Court Hotel me and my girlfriend was looking for an affordable hotel in Bethesda MD finally we decide and booked at Bethesda Court Hotel. We arrived at the hotel, starting from the day that we checked in until we checked out they treat us a VIP. The front desk people and the Manager are so humble and helpful. The rooms was very nice and clean. Generally we had a great experience and it is a Great place to stay in Bethesda MD. We will definitely come back to stay at this Hotel.

Thanks.

Tom and Lily

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!