“A good hotel ... but not great ... but close!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
“A good hotel ... but not great ... but close!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The good: Very clean room. Liked the frig, microwave and big screen TV. A must now a days. The bathroom was very clean. Enjoyed the continental breakfast and the ability to print off my airplane boarding pass. Appreciate the free transportation from NIH to the hotel!

The bad ...but fixable: Small breakfast area. Need to expand this area. Noisy heater in room. I remember this from a few years ago too. Kept on going on and off all night long not allowing for a good night's sleep. Woke up with a scratchy throat. The shower rod can be replaced with one that allows more room to take a shower. The curtain kept on sticking to me. No restaurant. Should have a list of places that deliver to the hotel. Pizza?.

With this being said, this is what you call critiquing. This is a good place to stay for the money. I know I sound critical with the bad but if they were fixed... I would give a 5 star rating!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Third time staying at Bethesda Court and it's still fabulous. Staff is kind and friendly, rooms very clean and cozy. Monica really helped me out when we checked in. I should have but didn't call ahead for a hand held shower which would make life a little easier after a recent surgery. When I mentioned this to Monica at checkin, she immediately had a maintenance gentlemen come up to our room and switch out the showerhead. I could have done without and I told Monica this but, she still went out of her way to accommodate which meant so much to me. Breakfast is still very nice. There's a nice variety of fruit and other healthy options as well as cereal, bagels, English muffins, pastries, juices, milk, etc. Just perfect to start the day. Housekeeping also went above and beyond this trip. The room looked fresh and crisp each day upon our return. Hopefully there will be more trips back to the area and for us staying at Bethesda Court is a given!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here on a girls' weekend in Bethesda...what a great location! There were many delicious restaurants to walk to, which I didn't expect. The room was small, but clean and quiet. No street noise or people noise. The front desk was helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Minotola, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was out there with my friend Jaime C. who also left a review and I echo everything she said. Cozy hotel and everyone was so friendly and ready to help with anything. I would absolutely stay again and would recommend everyone visiting this area stay at Bethesda Court Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I have never been stayed at Bethesda Court Hotel me and my girlfriend was looking for an affordable hotel in Bethesda MD finally we decide and booked at Bethesda Court Hotel. We arrived at the hotel, starting from the day that we checked in until we checked out they treat us a VIP. The front desk people and the Manager are so humble and helpful. The rooms was very nice and clean. Generally we had a great experience and it is a Great place to stay in Bethesda MD. We will definitely come back to stay at this Hotel.

Thanks.

Tom and Lily

• Stayed February 2013
Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean, quiet room and a nice continental breakfast in the morning. Front desk alwasy helpful. I stayed there Saturday night and they were very eager to please. Fast check in and immediately called for a cab when I needed one. Very helpful with identifying areas of interest.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or restaurant, many great restaurants within a few blocks.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Being a contract healthcare professional/provider, I frequently stayed at BHC from Oct 2012 - Feb 2013. First, guest services always went above and beyond to assist me whether it be with directions, restaurant suggestions, etc. Second, the rooms are nice and were always clean, parking adequate and good restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Only downfall and not really a complaint, the morning breakfast area needs to be renovated-- it is a little too small with minimal seating. Again, this is constructive criticism vs being a negative comment. All in all, this hotel was an awesome place to stay, and I would stay there again. I hear its being demolished for a new upscale hotel-- that would be sad. If you are in Bethesda and need a place to stay, Bethesda Court should be first on the list. Adios!

Rick M.
Room 317 - Last stay was 2/4/2013 - 2/14/2013

Room Tip: Choose a room second or third floor overlooking the outside courtyard. These are larger rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!